2 Neutral

About robnsue

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Robin

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Another wallpaper question. I made pasteboard templates that I have put wallpaper on (it seemed much smoother than going directly on the wall). I would like to perhaps change the wallpaper someday so what is the best way to attach the covered pasteboard to the walls? Thank you
  2. I got the Lily into dry fit and everything you helpful people said made so much more sense! Thank you.
  3. Is it better to start with a smaller, less complicated house (I have the Lily)? If so which one would you recommend?
  4. Is there a "planning guide" of some sort for deciding about electrical? I find electrical (and most of this whole process lol, intimidating). It is hard for me to decide what I want to do without seeing the house put together already. I would like some lamps and ceiling fixtures in the house but is this something I can tackle after the build?
  5. Ok, thank you all for your advice. I started painting and staining today. If I want to leave most of the decorating choices to my daughter, but want the house to be a surprise, what is the best way to make it "neutral" for her. I am planing to prime the walls and ceilings with white and staining the floors but I am not sure if there is a good way to wallpaper in a way she could easily change it later?
  6. Thank you all, I am so glad I found this group.
  7. Thank you so much for the replies! I attached the windows with white glue and actually they look good so I guess I will just leave them and paint them later? Is there a downside to this? As far as dry fit goes, do you actually take the piece completely apart to glue it? It was so hard for me to get it together that I am afraid to take it apart. I had a really hard time getting it in the slots. (Sorry if you feel like you already answered and the answer is yes take it all apart... I am hoping for a different answer (lol).
  8. Hi all: Well this is my 3rd attempt at starting this house after buying it 13 years ago and moving it about 4 times. I am not sure I even have all the pieces but I was smart enough to label most when I started the other times. So I am not sure how to proceed. I started to follow the directions and I made the windows and glued them. I didn't realize I should prime or paint first. OK then I started to dry fit the main structure but I see that the left wall is warped and some pieces are breaking as I fit them (mostly doorways). I am not sure what to do now. Also, do I have to take it completely apart before I can start to glue it? I don't know if I should just give up...