Genevieve A

Silver Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Genevieve A

1. Yes, it is!!! Wow, its going to take quite a lot of work to get done, I hate to see it in this state and hope someone takes care of it! Of all my dollhouses, my Glen Cove Villa is my favorite! (And most $$$ one to get!)
  2. This one was floating around Facebook Marketplace for about a year and then they reduced the price! Nice, very nice, even though I prefer the Nob Hill.
  3. Great deal!!!!!! I just purchased a Walmer Nob for 700, but hey, i am not complaining!!!! Every time someone compliments it I’ll do a Monica and say “I know!”
  4. It’s interesting how many dollhouses/minis I have seen that are the same models and condition and the wide range of prices!!!! I have seen a Rosedawn Plantation for 10,000 and then the same model, fully furnished for 1,300. I bought four sets of dolls for 30 all together and then found another seller that just was selling them “each” for 120. Sometimes when I see outrageous prices I think maybe they are just aiming high and will lower it as soon as the hagglers start. The biggest letdown I have ever experienced was when at an auction a Lawbre Chesterfield sold for 250 when its priced at over eight thousand! (I saw it after the fact) I always tell newbies to shop around, and look at prices so they know not to overpay for someone they can find much more affordable.
  5. So she basically tried to sell you the Lawbre Shadowcliff dollhouse (which I have) and then said it was just a picture, that’s appalling, I am more of an ebay person and know that ebay has very strict rules on frauds and jump right in when someone tries to cheats you out of your money. I really do hope you get your money back and am so sorry. How much did you pay her, if its ok to ask????
  6. I would LOVE to buy it and take it off your hands if we lived closer, I am in Pennsylvania. How much are you thinking of selling it for and is to there I link to another site where I could see it please? .
  7. Suzi!!! So so happy you wrote back, I was worried you’d never see my message...well the house arrived yesterday, and I take it you have seen it personally? Words cannot describe this house, its not only huge but absolutely breathtaking! I can’t stop looking at it. It must have taken years to build, I have never seen a dollhouse so lifelike and intricate before. Its a very interesting story how I “met’ Liz. I reside in Greece during the winter months and one night, as I was enduring a red-eye all nighter while caring for my terminally ill grandmother in the hospital, I stumble upon Liz and her estate sale of dollhouses. That was back in January and she graciously kept it throughout the entire Covid crisis until I was ready to come back home.I already own seven Greenleaf and three Lawbres and The Elliot Bay immediately caught my eye. I kept pacing the hospital so excited and the prospect of actually owning it made the entire ordeal easier. After eight months of taking care of my grandmother, her passing, and Covid restrictions, I finally have it!!!! But seeing it in a picture and actually seeing it 3 d is a different realm altogether. I have to see if the lighting is intact and re-pack it again for the trip to Greece where it will be the pride and joy of the entire residence (besides my lovely ten year old daughter of course!) I am absolutely thrilled with it! Please post interior pics of your own when you get a chance. Are you on any facebook dollhouse sites?
  8. Thanks so much ladies!! I am absolutely thrilled with it, and it is larger than I thought! The nuns are not mine, these are stock photos before I bought the dollhouse. Never have a seen a more elaborate dollhouse, it is, and I kid you not, a mini version of a real house, and I will post more pics soon. For anyone else interested, here is another article about these houses!https://www.deseret.com/1988/12/11/18787633/have-yourself-a-little-merry-christmas
  9. Okay Everyone, please share. What is a dollhouse(es) that you absolutely fell in love with, had to have, but for some reason or the other (lose a bid, seller gave it to someone else, or simply it was too expensive or too far) never acquired it? One of mine was an absolutely gorgeous yellow Garfield aptly named “The Yellow Rose Inn” that was fully and very beautifully furnished for a very reasonable 500. However I was out of the country and begged the seller to keep it for me for a few weeks until I got back, even offering her more money. Sadly she needed to clear the room of it pronto and sold it to someone else. Sigh.....my unrequited dollhouse love ❤️
  10. I have been incredibly lucky and blessed that I have acquired quite a collection... a custom built Beacon Hill, a Garfield, a Willowcrest, a Lily, Brimbles’ Mechantile, The Lawbre Glen Cove Villa (my favorite, along with my Beacon Hill) The Lawbre Shadowcliff, The Lawbre French Country House, plus an original Elliot Bay house by Ron Clanton. Plus, I have three Jubilee English shoppes.I must admit though, the only house I really really want to put the finishing touch to my collection is...drumroll please...The Grosvenor!!! But its incredibly hard to find here in the United States. Island-Shack, they had a Rosedawn Plantation a few weeks ago on ebay starting bid 999, and it went to 2050, I believe.
  11. The interior is “so” realistic. hardware floors, lighting, and a built in laundry room. The seller was a complete doll, added extras such as chandeliers and curtains as well!
  12. Wow, finally got the hang of this! And yes, the tree and zoo animals were included in the sale too :-)
  13. Averyfinewoman, I am terribly sorry I have not responded back, but I cannot, for the life of me, paste and post my Elliot Bay House by Ron Clanton on this page, despite my efforts! (I cant “respond” under your comment either, lots to still learn on this site!) I think we are talking about the same gal in Utah, because it was she who sold me the dollhouse, and as a matter of fact it is finally being shipped out, I am supposed to get it this week!!! I was out of the country and she very graciously kept it for me all these Covid months while I finally made it back. I am trying to post it now for you, its absolutely gorgeous (but so is yours!)
  14. Thanks to everyone SO MUCH for all this information about dollhouse maker Ron Clanton. I am in the process of also buying a house of his, The Elliot Bay House, started googling to find out more info about him, and much to my delight was diverted onto my beloved Greenleaf Community site! Congrats so much Suzi on your purchase it is truly a work of art, and I will be posting pics of my own masterpiece as well!
  15. I have bought from fjdebbie before on ebay, and am very sad to hear that Bespaq is going out of business, thankfully I have bought quite a bit. Its sad when the heirs just are not interested in continuing something loved and cherished anymore. I can imagine what a demand they will have now, it will be like Black Friday every time a Bespaq item comes for bidding on ebay, but they are also many private sellers that sell Bespaq too. I am feeling a little wistful now....
  16. Oh Gina...I just don't know where to start on my dolhouse obsession, trying not only to explain it but to track every milestone and memory! It all started about ten years ago when i just wanted to build (or buy) a sweet little Beacon Hill and furnish it. Thats all, nine rooms, and it would be the pride and joy, the crowing glory of my foyer of the house we were building. Then I got pregnant and put it off until my daughter (and child number 3) was old enough to understand and not get in every little piece. I said I would allot 100 to 150 bucks to furnigsh every room, which in retrospect seems utterly laughable now) About four years ago I started collecting, I bought a Beacon Hill dollhouse kit (Which is still comfortably resting on the floor of my basement because I found a gorgeous custom made one on ebay, pictured below!) Thus my ebay obsession started, and started big!!! I became familiar with names such as Sonia Messer (Two gorgeous laced cribs from her, omg to die for), Bespaq, Marcia Backstrom, Heidi Ott, Ruetter...I became adept on bidding, which I never had done before my dollhouse obsession. Because of the time difference I would wake up at the most odd hours of the night to bid (Am I the only one that knows the secret of last 30 second bidding? Why in the world do people bid on the first day??!!) I had accumulated a massive amount of minis in two years' time, and the catch was they were sent to my parents house in Pennsylavia, who in turn would either bring them to me when they would visit or when I would---twice they just made two big 'ol boxes and would ship them to me, it was like my birthday, chirstmas, and scholastic book club month time (remember those?) all rolled into one fabulous mini crate! My mother scolded me to stop, and semi- joked that the neighbors thought she was having an affairwith the UPS guy. I filled my purshase list with estate finds, museum quality furnishings, bought a custom made french Boudior warbrobe filled with purses and corsets from Paris, an assembled Garfield, a furnished New York brick townhouse, an assembled Brimbles Merchantile, street peddlers from the now defunct Smallsea Dollhouse museum in Carmel Ca.... and now put a down payment on a Glen Cove and locking in a assembled Queen Anne...you can say I am a bit obsessed! The irony is that besides the Beacon Hill, I have not seen any of my other houses yet, they are either waiting for me at my parents house, or waiting to be picked up!!! (By the way for anyone that doesnt live in the US but visiting and wants to take a dollhouse back with them you CAN board it as luggage!) I can't explain it into words my love for miniatures. My dear sweet father passed away four months ago, was sich ever since the obsession started and you could say it was my escape, my way of creating these perfect little worlds. The composer Chopin once said "I write beautiful music to cover the ugliness of the world." That quote makes such sense to all the Dollhousers out there, doesn't it? And speaking of crazy, when the local priest came for his annual blessing of our house--yes they still do that!- I asked him to bless my dollhouse too. That's when The Hubby thought I was completely off my rocker. I could go on and on (and on) but there are too many things to mention! I am sorry that your childhood dollhouse was destroyed and don't worry about the snide comments! I get three kinds of people. The ones that think I am crazy (mother, hubby, oldest son) the ones that look at it and exclaim "Oh how sweet" but really arent into it and consider it just a little cute hobby, and THEN I have the occasional friend or aquaintance that will absolutely pore over every detail and take countless pictures, spending hours ooohhing and aahing. Neddless to say those are my kinds of people! I should start charging admission..... PS--I am still ebay obsessed!!!
  17. Yes, you're right, HUGE help! Thanks so much!!!
  18. You are right, thank you so much! I am glad to be here, believe me!!! Lively bunch on here aren't they? (and BTW "Dollhousers", as I like to call them are the most nicest helopul people on the non 1:12 scale planet!)
  19. Hi Gina! We seem to have plenty of things in common, because I hate electrical wiring too and opted for battery operated lighting on my Beacon Hill even if its a huge pain! I have to learn because I love the idea of just lighting up my dollhouses in an instant! I DID post a pic finally so I am happy for that, seems that some of my pics are less than the required mb's (or whatever the heck they're called!) My Glen Cove doesn't come with the conservatory either, but they WERE selling two of them on ebay just a few weeks ago at reasonable prices but they were snagged up within days, so I have to be on the lookout, and will inform you too, since I'm the self proclaimed ebay queen and have amassed quite the miniature collection from old estate finds and ebay deals. I have been known to wake up at 4 am (I live in Greece during the winter where there is a seven hour time difference beteen the Eastern US) to bid and take it personally when someone dares outbid me, lol. I am very familiar with Bonnie Broel, not only for her "affordable" dollhouses (Insert smirk and chuckle) she's trying to sell, but I also googled and read every article I could find on her, she seems like my sort of gal! I could never sell those beauties though! She was the first to inspire me to seek out a lawbre and I had my sights on the Shadowcliff first but then came across (On this site in fact) the Glen Cove that was posted to sell for 35,000. I loved what she did with the interior so I went on a search for one, and luckily found the exact color that I wanted to. It's nfinished inside but all the better for me to decorate the way I want! I hope you can post pictures of your lawbre very soon, would LOVE to see pictures. Have you ever heard of the Majestic Mansion line, those dollhouses are amazing too. Does your husband think you are nuts, like mine does? I have joked that if Intervention ever did a dollhouse Addict segment, they would choose me to be their first feature! Have a great weekend!! --Genevieve
  20. Okay everyone, I wanted to repond to everyone in a indivudial reply like they have on facebook, but there seems to be no such option. Still learning this site..please have patience with me!!
  21. I finally took the plunge! After acquiring My Beacon and then my Garfield I came across a Lawbre Glen Cove that a lady was selling for 35,000, got greatly inspired, and went on a mad search to find one, at a lesser price of course! I figured with all the miniatures I have amassed I can create a masterpeice. It was not easy finding it, you have to scour ebay, marketplace, craiglist and cross your fingers or either order it striaght from the Lawbre company itself. I found mine 2 hours away in New Jersey. Won't be picking it up until Christmas, but am super duper excited!!!
  22. I would love to see pictures of your Lawbre, but I am relatively new to this website/discussion page and I am still figuring out how it works, I cant even upload a pic because it tells me its too "large to do so....I just made a down payment on a Lawbre Glen Cove, and cannot wait to see it in person. I know this is a feed from last year, but what model is your Lawbre?"