• Last visited

1 Neutral

About jkortidis

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Julie
  1. Thanks for all the posts. I do not see the icon to reply to each post individually. Maybe someone could help on that? I started this project by reading a blog or two, checking out the forum and reading the instructions. The instructions suggested taping it together first before using glue and I planned to do that. But, thanks for the reminder. I'm currently punching out the pieces and it appears that a cutting instrument would be helpful for places where the cuts need a little assistance. I plan to investigate some craft stores and perhaps an x-acto knife? Any suggestions would be helpful here. Also, I see (for the next step) cutting out furniture a Dremel Moto saw was used. I checked amazon and they have a $76 dollar model and a $400 one. Recommendations? My granddaughters are 4 years and 3 months old. I think furnishings will be great for birthdays and holidays to come. Unfortunately they are in Oklahoma and I'm in Michigan so I plan to take the house with me (in pieces) on the train and assemble when I get there. Of course it could be so much fun that I never make it back to Michigan, lol. All feedback is welcome! Julie
  2. Greetings, I bought the Tennyson kit in a garage sale. I have 2 young great granddaughters that I am planning to make very happy with this project. Also, my husband has been open to helping me learn how to build with wood. So this will be my first project and I'm excited!