4 Neutral

About Juliedove

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Julie

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. This gallery is just too fun to look at! Have you set up the Arrow Deluxe Tudor in your home yet? I have the same dollhouse, but mine is less than pristine. :)
  2. Thank you all for such a kind welcome!! I have really enjoyed reading your responses, its meant a great deal.
  3. @MLI Designs It would be great to form a group. I did NOT know about the mini show... is there a website? How exciting!
  4. Hi there and thank you for having me on the forum! I'm really excited to soak up as much information as I can. I've already begun scouring over everyone's gorgeous photos and I know that this site will provide the inspiration I need! I'm new to the hobby but I have admired dollhouses since I was a little girl. My Mom (who passed in 2006) was a collector and enthusiast. I remember looking over and over AND OVER at pictures of dollhouses in my Mom's book, Decorative Dollhouses by Caroline Hamilton. (Pictured). I myself, had about 4 different dollhouses when I was little, the first being made of plastic. I remember telling my Mom that I wanted one that was more realistic. Soon after we found a die-cut dollhouse at a thrift store. I cannot tell you how many times I painted and wallpapered that thing... I have photos, but you would cringe! I was recently in my Father's garage and for the umpteenth time saw a large box in the corner marked, Greenleaf - Beacon Hill. It was my Moms, she always said she wanted to build it but said that the instructions had been ruined. I asked my Dad if I could have it and he had no qualms. Off to Nashville it went and my new miniature obsession was reborn! I've started building the dollhouse, but for some reason couldn't get my old, thrift store, mess of a dollhouse out of my head... next time I was at my Dad's, I grabbed it along with all of the furniture my Mom built back in the 80s/90s. I have started "renovating" it and I'm having a blast. I'll post more on that soon... Anyway, sorry for the novel, but I'm really excited to be on here. Again, thanks for having me! -Julie
  5. Hi Mish, I also live in the Nashville area. Have you visited The Miniature Cottage in Berry Hill? I haven't made it there yet, but I am really excited that middle TN has miniature store. :)