lolli28147

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by lolli28147

1. lolli28147

image.jpeg

From the album: Lolli28147

2. Thanks Linda. Husband likes the brickwork, although the joints are too large for the bricks. Lol I used the brick mix that came with the kit and was pleased how they turned out, but not content with the joints just simply being the painted wood. I opted to buy some tile grout to use, which gave it a nice look. I ended up having to use a toothpick to apply the grout in between each and every line! A long tedious process, but it turned out so well, I can't complain about it. Lol. I will certainly start an album...as soon as I figure out how! Lol thanks for the input all of you have given me. I love getting other people's feedback. And all of you have been such an enormous help already! Thanks you!
  3. Thanks Sable and Holly. Should I continue to post pics on this thread or should I add them elsewhere?
  4. I sanded the wall edges a little more and now we have a perfect fit! I'm attaching a couple of pictures to show the progress so far. Walls aren't glued yet, just taped. Currently, my plan for this farmhouse is for it to have an old, rundown kind of look.....I may change my mind a little further down the road.....we shall see.
  5. I will keep at it with sanding....didn't think about sanding in the grooves though....I may need to check that out in the next little bit. Hubs is a brick mason and fairly handy...but the funny thing is that I'm the one with all the tools! Hahahahahahahahaha I don't have a belt sander, but I do have a handheld sander as well as a nifty Dremel with lots of attachments and various other power tools. Thanks for the advice, I'm about to get started again fitting these walls into the slots.....a sanding I will go! Lol
  6. Thanks for the welcome. I'm thinking I want my farmhouse to be a little rundown. If I can make my pieces work, I think it's gonna turn out pretty good....hopefully.....lol. I plan to post pictures when I make a little more progress.
  7. Thank you, Holly, for your replies and your welcome. I also replied to you in the duracraft forum. I'm hoping you can guide me a little more.
  8. Thanks for your replies. i do have the tongue and groove siding for the walls and I glued those pieces together about a year and a half ago....I probably should have waited. so I guess I'm doing a semi-dry fit? Lol I did notice those gaps you were talking about, the one wall that did go in easily had a noticeable gap at the bottom that I will have to fill in a little. Should I continue to sand on the edges of the wall panels and taper them to get a better fit? Or do I need to start cutting walls from plywood?
  9. I'm currently working on my first build, a duracraft farmhouse fh505. I am having some issue and could use a bit of help. I've posted about the issues I'm having in the duracraft forum. Any suggestions and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=38742#comment-624237
  10. A new issue....just trying to do a dry fit with the walls and corner posts on the base and I am struggling! Is there a trick to this? My walls will not easily slide down the grooves of the posts. I broke 2 pieces trying...attempting to re-glue those as I type....I used my Dremel and sanded the edges a bit to taper them, and I made a little progress, but it still isn't working well. Do I just need to sand a little more? I'm getting so frustrated! I'm starting to wonder if I should just cut new walls out of plywood....which would be a ton of extra work! But I don't really know what to do. Please help!
  11. Thanks for sharing your house with me. My current confusion stems from putting in the corner posts. I think I've got it figured out, for the most part. The instructions said to assemble the foundation walls and the the support walls. I assembled both and glued the foundation walls, with the exception of the walls on the left hand side of the house, as the way the way I read the instructions, getting the walls to stay in place for glue to dry wasn't a possibility. It also appeared to me that the corner posts slid down into those corners and held the walls in place, so for now, I simply have those walls taped till something makes more sense or its confirmed I am doing things correctly. It also states to anchor the walls and corner posts....but I am not exactly sure where these pieces go. I am assuming these go under the base floor of the parts of the walls that don't line up with outside foundation pieces. Can someone confirm if what I'm thinking and reading mesh up and are right? Thanks.
  12. I bought an fh505 for $30 from Craigslist about 2 years ago. I love making miniatures and finally have time to build the house. This is my first build and I am having a little bit of issue with construction. I have read the instructions many times over, and I've examined the pictures, but I'm still not sure I'm assembling it correctly. I don't want to mess it up. Does anyone happen to have any pictures of their progress AS they are building? Im a visual person and hope if I can see the way someone else is doing it, it might help me to figure out if I'm doing this correctly. Thanks in advance!