lolli28147

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by lolli28147

1. lolli28147

image.jpeg

Thank you so much! All of the stone is either painted cardboard or painted drink trays. The wood floors were part of my duracraft farmhouse kit. I opted not to use them in the farmhouse since there wasn't enough to do the whole thing. I love how you can stain the veneer pieces to achieve whatever look you're going for.
  2. lolli28147

FF 350

How creative! I love the way it looks!
  3. Also, be forewarned....this house is a behemoth! I love mine, but it takes up A LOT of space!
  4. I can confirm this is the Duracraft fh505. I have the exact same one. There's a pic of myfarmhouse in my albums....although it is not complete....
  5. I really like these. Please post how you made them. I have to make a few for the window boxes I'm goin to put on the witch cottage and would like some ideas. :)
  6. lolli28147

image.jpeg

Thanks Mike. I was torn between the moss and a thatched roof. You can see who won. I wanted more of an enchanted look and I felt the moss gave that a little more. :)
  7. lolli28147

image.jpeg

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahha!
  8. I used tile grout, sanded, for the mortar between my stones. Add in a good dose of white glue, as it tends to crumble once it dries. The glue seemed to help quite a bit to keep that from happening.
  9. I needed "stone" for my witch cottage. All of my egg cartons are styrofoam, too, so I used McDonald's drink trays. The underside has a nice bumpy texture and they are a good thickness. You can very easily make bricks out of them as well, just by cutting them into nice, rectangular shapes. A bit of advice, paint the trays before cutting them. I used acrylic paints in various shades, then I sprayed them with a coat of clear, matte paint. It blends the colors very well. What I really like about the drink trays, is they are practically free. I imagine if you were to go into McDonald's and ask them if you can buy 10 or so, they will probably let you have them for free or very cheap. Pictures of the "stones" I made are in my witch cottage/ butter cup album.
  10. lolli28147

image.jpeg

Also, not using wood made it much easier to shape the chimney however I wanted
  11. lolli28147

image.jpeg

Thanks, Holly! I used a thin cardboard to make my chimney. With all of the different layers of tape, glue, (more) cardboard, paint, tile grout, etc. it strengthened it up quite a bit.
  12. lolli28147

image.jpeg

Oh, I also made it a working door.
  13. lolli28147

image.jpeg

Thank you so much! I took the door that came with the kit and cut it down a little, then I covered it with wood flooring from my duracraft kit (I had stained and painted the strips beforehand). For the hardware, I used metal pieces I had bought for a previous project and "rusted" them. For the handle, I took another of the metal pieces I had and bent it into the shape I needed.
  14. lolli28147

image.jpeg

Thanks, Mike! Your kind words are greatly appreciated. I'm one of those that need to have my work "validated" to feel really good about it. lol so when you guys like what I'm doing it makes me very happy and let's me know I'm on the right track. :)