lolli28147

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by lolli28147

1. Mike, just wants to say you are favorite. nothing more, nothing less....and I quoted you in the hopes that you will get a notification of this post. :)
  2. lolli28147

image.jpeg

Yep, toothpicks. Lol it is time consuming, but I like not having to clean up the "stones". Plus, it gives me more control on how thick, etc. my grout lines are
  3. lolli28147

image.jpeg

No problem. your mix will dry out/thicken up as you are working....I just add a little more glue/water mix to it to get it back to the right consistency. and be forewarned, I'm a slow worker! Lol I get distracted easily and typically only work on the doll houses in fits and spells! Lol can't wait to see pics of your witch house, too! I looked at your pics of the farmette. Looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun!
  4. lolli28147

image.jpeg

Thank you for your kind words. :)
  5. lolli28147

image.jpeg

Thanks. I use actual tile grout (the powder, not pre-made). I mix up a bowl full and instead of adding plain water, I add a good dose of elmer's glue to the mix. The grout tends to fall out/crack without the glue. I then use a toothpick to apply the grout. Make sure your grout isn't too runny or too thick. You want it runny enough that you can pick up some with your toothpick, then it slowly rolls down into the space you are filling, for lack of a better way to put it. I hope that makes sense. also, if it's too runny, it will cause your paper stones to absorb too much water, which will result in layers of the paper coming off, and sometimes will cause them to pop up, then you have to glue them back down. It's annoying. if you have any other questions, feel free to ask, I will attempt to answer as best as I can.
  6. lolli28147

image.jpeg

Some of the edges of the "stone" turned up a little....I just put another dab of tacky glue and pressed till it dried. I will admit, I didn't prime my wood in anyway....but the nice thing is that with this being a witch cottage, any imperfections are ok, since it's meant to be an "old" building.