Justmilt

Silver Member
  • Last visited

20 Excellent

About Justmilt

Profile Information

• Interests
    Supreme Court (profession) Religion and History(a study not a practice) Attempting Doll House construction-Family (wife died 2018) Not necessarily in this order.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Milton
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1,992 profile views
  1. Justmilt

justmilt

Made from scratch with no patterns or pictures to copy.
  2. Justmilt

jistmilt

The Pierce. Not great but did use dowels. If this works and is of interest I have a lot more.
  3. Justmilt

justmilt

4. Justmilt

jistmilt

5. Mike tell your wife I have my lawn tractor on idle. Got to get back to mowing. Have about two acres.
  6. Thank you. Yours is the only comment and for me this speaks volumes.
  7. One more shot over the bow! Yes you win the prize--It is either one panel is not correct or one is correct and two are not. Will I tear it out, no way. I have had the house forever, and it is Milt's house. It will never go anywhere until I can no longer use the house. The house has been viewed by countless people and no one notices it. You have a trained eye and was looking for a problem. Not unlike your change in the wall no one will see it unless you point it out or challenge someone to find a problem. Milt
  8. I add this: When you build and you find a mistake, you stare at it, you analyse it, you examine and wonder. When someone looks at what you build they glance at it and never even see what you agonized over. I cannot for some reason visualize the wall you are moving. I do know this when we remodeled an area where we had our law office and removed a wall the broke up the waiting room. It happened to be a support wall so the contractors put in a beam next to the ceiling. The beam was paneled and was never noticeable. I do hope this may help. You could put some of your French work on the face of the beam. Tell me if you can the major mistake on this house????
  9. This may or may not be an answer but is an observation. What ever you do with the ceiling would be just fine in an actual house. Why do I say this--eyes do not travel up.
  10. very creative. colors are perfect.
  11. Now this is just the thing that makes me wonder why I build. How creative, you have done a beautiful job. I can copy but am not this creative. As Sable has said, I copy again, "love the mountain ledge." In fact I love the model.
  12. Justmilt

DSCN0686.JPG

Thanks for looking.
  13. Justmilt

492.JPG

Mike I needed that and thank you. I guess one of the things I do not know is why I joined Greenleaf. I thought I would like seeing other peoples work and find I really am only thinking about Milt. That bothers me more than the fact others are more creative. Anyway I know I must have some talent because the Pierce was in a fund raiser for Children's Hospital in Omaha, Nebraska and I got notice that it helped bring in $4000. No I did not add a zero. I realize this is a charity and the ladies, Wine, Women and Shoes, were going to give anyway. But the leader for the fund raiser credited the house for being a moving factor. I found the adding the image takes only one picture at a time. I was trying to add a second and boom, I was all tied up, had to start over. Anyway got to give it all a chance and if it does not work for me it is not the sites fault it is mine. Thanks again.
  14. rehab Victorian Farmhouse. If this is the DuraCraft, then it is one I built that was raffled. It is a fun house I would like to see your finished product Putting glue on--great. Love it when put the sucker to bed for the day and come back to it and that thing that looked so horizontal yesterday looks so vertical today. The elves do come in the night and tip things just a "little" Scratch built Log Cabin(I read the small print) I am impressed.
  15. I am a kit builder. Scratch is scary because if one is a saw blade off then that is 1/8 or 1/16 and at 1:12 that would be a gap. Greenleaf--3 Glencofts-Pierce, Lillie, Garfield, Arthur and couple more. I have built Queen Anne II, the front opening high end Victorian, Victorian Dream (might not be quite right but it is a big house 3/8 and for some reason plans were handwritten) I have built a couple half inch scale. Four were raffled and local organization got a sum of about $4,500. and one was given to a fund raiser(The Pierce) and I was informed it help raise $4,000. yes I know pride goes before the fall. The Pierce I have jokingly said only the name was retained as it was really modified. Being a Cubs fan must be more frustrating than fitting roofs is what I meant. Now aren't you sorry you asked