6 Neutral

About Tiggrsbounc

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Julie

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Tiggrsbounc

Funeral

I'm sorry for your loss. Our family went through the same type of thing when my gma died
  2. I just realized that my phone's auto correct changed 'shows' to 'shoes' lol. Glad you knew what I meant My brother enters one of the shows every year...usually gets something like a least driven/lowest miles award. I just like looking at the cars. Its amazing to see what people do to some of them!
  3. Carlisle area. Some summers we go up around the time they are having the big car shoes...there's always something going on in that area.
  4. Sorry for the delay in replying-the vet kept Mila until Friday and my parents were here until Saturday. The realignment did not go very well and we have an appt with a surgeon on June 2nd. The best my vet could do was to get one top bone and one bottom bone to touch. It can heal like that but it's not ideal. Mila's leg is very sore and she's been crying out when she moves wrong I hate feeling helpless but all I'm allowed to do is take her out to potty, feed her, and put her back in the crate. I can pet her thru the crate but but any other interaction gets her excited and she wants to move around and flop her leg everywhere. I feel so bad for her!
  5. Well it looks like I will only be able to visit here occasionally for now. Mila went back to the vet on Tuesday; her bones were not set correctly so there has been no healing. My vet tried to reset them but Mila's muscles have contracted so tightly that they couldn't get the bones to align right. She is currently still at the vets as they wanted to try again this morning. If that doesn't work I think we will be looking at surgery to put pins in her leg. Please pray, send out good thoughts, etc that we don't have to deal with surgery. I'm so ready for her to be 'whole ' again; I miss her tearing around the house at full speed with that goofy look on her face. She's such a character
  6. Thank you! I'm sure I will want to find it later- I'll never be able to remember all the info :)
  7. I have a feeling I'm going to have a ton of questions as I do this. Should I just start a thread all about this house or start a thread for each question. The latter might help someone else if they have the same question but that would be a lot of different conversations :)
  8. Thank you! I'm trying to learn some of this before I actually start putting my house together. I pulled the directions out this morning and read the first page. First step is going to be finding a huge work space...
  9. First time dollhouse builder and wondering if someone can explain scale to me. Also how/if it relates to figuring out what size furniture 'fits' my dollhouse. I still have some of my original furniture for this house but the quality of it is not what I want this time around. I'm probably going to make a lot of it but I need to understand more about getting things sized correctly. Thank you in advance! Julie ETA: not sure why this posted twice and the specific dollhouse is the Skilcraft Country Manor
  10. Thanks everyone. I am very thankful it wasnt worse. The worst part right now is that we have at least 7 more wks of her being crated. This is day 5. Poor thing is bored out of her mind.
  11. Although I'm pretty new to the forum, many of you have been so helpful to me and then I just disappeared for awhile. My apologies for that. Decided kind of spur of the moment to go visit my family in PA. On the second to last day of our visit a family member was sitting on a barstool holding my Pomeranian, Mila, and she jumped off of her lap. I was outside and heard her screeching, ran inside, calmed her down,picked her up and could see that her little leg was broken. Front foreleg, both bones snapped. So my past few days home have been follow up vet visits and trying to keep a hyper 1 yr old dog calm and on complete crate rest except for potty times. It's been a challenge...she is not a happy little dog! Anyway, when things calm down here, I Will have lots of dollhouse related questions and will share pics of some treasures I found at the flea market in PA. Julie
  12. Holly, I can't crochet or knit but my mom does...I've seen a few of her needles but none that thin. That is really thin! I might have to buy a few things I want for my house simply because I've seen some of the stuff other members make and I really like certain pieces.
  13. Hi Holly, I did introduce myself with a post a few wks ago. That post helped me find the dollhouse I had as a child This forum has already been a great help to me. I just wish I had more time to spend here. Weekends are my only free time and the grandkids usually get a big portion of that time. I've never done any crafts on such a small scale but I have supplies that will work perfectly...they are mostly scraps and practice supplies. Glad I didn't throw them away! I still have some of the furniture from my original house but I'll be making whatever I don't have. My family gets very interested in all my projects so I'm pretty sure they'll all help in some way- for me it will make this house even more special. I'm going to get my grand daughter to finger paint a picture and find a way to miniaturize it so she can 'help' also.
  14. I'm currently waiting on my Country Manor dollhouse to arrive- it was the first/only dollhouse I owned (Christmas present when I was about 7) and this will be my first time building/assembling one. I'm sure I'll have tons of questions when I start on it. In the meantime, I figured I'd share a few pics and tell y'all about other projects I work on...which translates to: Some are finished and others have been sitting for years and I occasionally work on them I've been doing cross stitch for about 17 yrs. My first project was a baby quilt with a pre-printed pattern. My older sister started it for my daughter but arthritis kept her from being able to finish it so she passed it to me. I finished it and a love for cross stitching was born. Current, unfinished cross stitching projects: Noah's ark baby blanket, winter wolf scene for my daughter, and an Indian chief head with beading for my husband. I don't have any pics of my cross stitching right now. Approx 8 yrs ago I got interested in wood burning. I just happened to see some crafts online one day and decided to try it. Fell in love with wood burning and have several projects that are waiting to be started and one or two that need to be finished. I really enjoy the projects that combine wood burning with color-usually oil pencils or acrylic paint. I made the owl ornament for my grand daughter for her first Christmas. The picture doesn't really show the detail as well as I'd like. In 2014 my husband and I built our grand daughter a toy box. I found a unique way to mix paint and stain (I had previously done this type of painting on the trim in our guest bathroom but the toy box turned out a little differently) and it turned out great. She loves her toy box! I have a 19 yr old daughter and she has been asking for a hope chest for several yrs. I wasn't happy with the quality of most of the ones I was finding (and the prices were ridiculous) so we decided to build her one. We packed all of her Christmas presents inside and I made a big bow to put on it. She could not have been any happier on Christmas morning. We have one more project we want to make for our grand daughter for Christmas but it will probably be next year: I'm going to try to incorporate all my crafts into my dollhouse when I build it. I have soo many ideas on what I want to do-I just have to find the time. I really need to finish some of my other projects but since our grand daughter arrived, all of my spare time seems to be spent with her- I wouldn't have it any other way, though! Julie