Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Sanna
  • Country
    Finland

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Hi fellow hobbyist! I really really want to buy 1:144 size replica of the Beacon Hill, preferably unused kit BUT other types (finished kits, one piece replicas...) are interesting too if the price is right (less than what a new "fake"/ copy of Greenleaf Beacon Hill, sold as Victorian dollhouse in Canadian webshop costs) . I pay all shipping & import cost no matter where you are located, please contact me if you have one to sell or you know where to buy one!
  2. Here is a pic of my violet Beacon Hill if it's anything that intrest you. It's still under construction and I haven't decided if I'm going to use another colors as well.
  3. Also: I have seen many pics of The Beacon Hill that have fence in the balcony, where did you get that or has it been part of the kit at some point?
  4. Hi! Can anyone please take a picture of the kitchen bay windows on the inside because I am missing the piece that is supposed to be "the kitchen shelf" and I'm thinking if I can use some spare wood to make something similar to that. It would be most helpful!
  5. Looks really nice, I want that too! But on looking at Greenleaf's site it's too expensive for me.... I could not find that on miniatures.com :/
  6. I'm doing the roofs now and realized that the pics on instructions show the chimney without anything on top of it, but the instructions said to put the chimney top on it's place. I hope I don't have to try to tear it apart later.....
  7. I just finished the stairs and i got something like 10 pieces that are leftovers :P I did'nt want to assemble the bottom trims and other pieces seemed so much different in size that I just don't know where to put them and the instructions are so confusing that I just gave up following them. The stairs look good enough as they are now. Only thing is that I paintef them white and i hate when the paint won't go to all the small gaps on the edge of the pieces.... Maybe I will try to use some wood filler on them before i put the last wall in place.
  8. I got my Beacon Hill today!!! I was still sleeping when the doorbell rang and I went to open the door in my nightgown and there it was, a very large box for my cats and inside my BH in another very large box, in a good condition after traveling 17 days. Of course part of the shingles and sidings were broken but otherwise ok. I already glued the first 3 parts together and sanded many parts that is going to be used in the next section of the built. I'm very unsure if it's wise to store the parts on my balcony since it's raining every day here now, but it's the only place where they fit and are safe from the cats during the night and times I can't see what the little bastards are up to. It's the box they're interested and I'm intending to keep the box and it's content till the house is finished, so it's really me against 3 hyperactive Bengal cats (and a Chihuahua who might just pee on it if he gets a chance). Now I'm going to sleep and tomorrow is another building day!
  9. Hehe, maybe but I think 'm better at crocheting so maybe I*ll crochet a blanket or tablecloth or something else tiny....
  10. It's been 16 days since I ordered my Beacon Hill from Overstock at ebay, at friday it was finally in Finland but still in a wrong city and I'm anxiously waiting if I'm getting the "pick this item from post at tomorrow" -paper finally when monday arrives or am I going to have to still wait for some days.... I already have almost everything I need to built it, from sandpaper, breathing mask, paint, different glues and tapes, wallpapering paste etc.... I might have to order some more wallpaper if I'm not going to just print some. But I'm waiting.... (I don't have a dollhouse whatsoever in my house at the moment, just boxes full of furniture, lights etc. and I feel I have nothing to do now.)
  11. Do you have pics in the gallery or somewhere else? I still haven't decided all the color themes etc. so I'm browsing what kind of decisions others have made. And thank you!!!
  12. Hi! Anyone else starting to built Beacon Hill right now? I'm still waiting for the house to arrive from U.S. hopefully I'll get it next week. I have been wondering about the siding, do you have to, or does everyone, assemble the sidings so that the pieces are partly lying on top of previous line, or does it make as good effect if they're lying flat on their own with small gaps between each row? Hopefully I could understandably describe what I mean, english is not my native language....
  13. Thanks! No I think if I can make the Beacon Hill cat-resistant I will keep it as my only dollhouse (until I Just have to get to built some more houses... ;) ) Unfortunately I didn't keep any photos of the previous one, stupid me.... But it was painted mint green, pink and white. This one is going to have atleast some pastel colors also.
  14. Yes I have, and I'm still pondering wether to use her method or hinge the back piece....