Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Amber
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thank you so much Heidi for the catalog page! I love the siding and bricks on minilover62's farmhouse. I'm a bit jealous after going through her photos. I moved my farmhouse down to a table in the basement so I can begin working on it. Can't wait to get those shingles off. I also have to troubleshoot the wiring/lights to see why only part of the house lights up. (Hoping I won't need expert help for this.) I also plan to remove most of the wallpaper. It's in pretty poor shape in most of the rooms. I haven't begun yet due to knitting projects taking precedence, but I need to start setting aside time for this new dollhouse endeavor.
  2. amberdawn

My first dollhouse

Bought in 1989 for my father and I to work on as a father-daughter project. The store we bought it from put in the wallpaper and wiring. I (at approx 8 years old) picked out everything, including the wallpaper and gaudy colors. It's been stored in the attic above the garage for at least 20 years until now. It's kind of a disaster but I hope it's salvageable.
  3. We never really finished it. I have a staircase for it but it's painted pink and blue. I have some windows for it packed away in a box, but apparently my eight-year-old self thought hot pink was the perfect window trim color. I also have some railing and a few other pieces. The lights seem to only work on one side of the house but that's more than I expected. Hopefully I have enough posts now that I can create an album and post photos. If anyone is still curious, please check out the photos and let me know what you think. Will try to do photos later today.
  4. Two guys got my dollhouse down from the attic today. It wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be, but it was large and awkward. Good news is, it survived fairly intact. Bad news is, my dad and I did not do a great job with it back in the early 90s and it looks in need of a total overhaul. I guess that happens when you let an 8 year old pick the colors, help paint and shingle, and don't have much experience with dollhouses in general. Then stick it up in an attic for 20 years of hot summers and freezing winters. I hope it's salvageable.
  5. From the old photos I have of the shell of the house, it looks similar to a Lawbre farmhouse, but just with a single bottom porch. It at least resembles it in shape and number/placement of windows, but it's hard to tell. It has a lot of window openings and what looks like a double window opening to the right of the front door opening. I texted a mover on craigslist to see if I could pay someone to get it out of the attic for me. My attic has folding, pull down stairs and it's in this huge box from an old 40 inch tv and I just don't feel safe trying to get it down myself since I assume it's heavy.
  6. Thank you. I do have a couple photos of the front of the house that were taken soon after it was purchased, before we put shingles on and painted it and such. It's fairly plain looking. I remember the store we bought it from would have painted it for us and put the shingles on and everything but my dad thought it would be a fun father-daughter project to do it together. So instead I believe we just had the store put in electrical wiring and some wallpaper, but it was so long ago I can't even remember. I don't have any more recent photos (yet) because I have to find someone to help me get it down from the attic where it's currently stored in a giant tv box. I was only able to get down the smaller boxes where he stored the windows, stairs, and some other pieces. We never finished the project for various reasons, which was a shame because I loved dollhouses when I was younger. In hindsight, we probably should have just bought a finished dollhouse that I could play with right away.
  7. Hi, my name is Amber and I stumbled across these forums while trying to ID a dollhouse my dad bought for me around 1989 that's been up in the attic for at least two decades now. I don't think it's anything special, but I'm curious if anyone can tell me more about it in case it's identifiable in some way.