13 Good

About Lucille Kreps

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Lucille

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Do you know if the school glue is yellowing? So far it dries the least shiny - the Elmer's all purpose and Lineco neutral ph adhesive come in second for non-shinyness but they are still have a sheen. What's the different between the Elmer's all purpose and the Elmer's school glue? Why does everyone always say not to use the school glue? thanks!
  2. Hi everyone! I need advice about glue - I need to glue flocking to polymer clay and am getting annoyed when the shiny glue shows through the flocking. So far, the most matte finish I've found has been elmer's school glue - it dries totally invisible... but will it yellow over time? Also, I will be needing a glue to use as a fabric stiffener that won't go yellow. Do you guys have any advice for me? thanks!
  3. WOOOHOOOO!!!!!! I wrote to Cynthia and her 1:144 scale Georgian house kit is being offered once again for a limited time!! I couldn't be more thrilled to get a chance to do this kit : )
  4. Hi Nell, I used Sculpey for years and it really turned me off polymer clays because all my creations would break and fall apart... it turns out the clay wasn't suited to the details I was doing. For me, it's so totally worth it to order Fimo professional (formerly called Fimo puppen) from over seas dealers online. I usually have to have it shipped from germany or the UK but it's so worth it and really easy to find on ebay. It is more flexible after baking and also cures without little 'moonies' and cracks which I've found sculpey to be really bad for - especially their translucent colors. Fimo also sells a product called 'quick mix' to mix into their clays and make them softer like sculpey if you wish. I found a variety pack of fimo professional skin colors on ebay that also includes the color 'porcelain' : ) if you want to mix color into still workable clay you can scrape off small amounts of oil pastel to mix in with it which is supposed to be better than acrylics since the clay is oil based you can mix more in - a trip to art supply shop and you can get some oil pastels open stock to get the colors you need. If you get the higher quality brands, they will have a higher pigment to filler ratio and you won't need to mix in as much. I've also heard of people mixing in some alcohol ink to color polymer clay as well - though I don't know if that compromises the structure of the clay at all. Once the clay is oven cured, be sure to remember to wipe the whole sculpture down with rubbing alcohol before painting - it will really help acrylic paints adhere better to the clay... something I wish I'd known years ago! Another popular product for painting on polymer clay is Genesis Brand heat set oil paints - i haven't tried them but I guess they have the benefit of being able to take your time blending because they stay workable for a long time as all oil paints do and then you can heat set them with a hair dryer. Hope this info is helpful : )
  5. oh wow! that one is super cute! I was hoping to get the furniture kits that went along with Cynthia's house though... I wish she would sell her 1:144 furniture kits as part of her permanent line
  6. oh wow! It does look just like that house. yes, if the class is sold out then she won't make any more of that kit.... it's really pretty irritating since her 'classes' are only available for a few weeks - sometimes less so if you miss it then it's gone : (
  7. holly, I'm not doing a craftsman roombox - I just really love those lamps. They'll probably go in a more modern setting. thanks Tracy!
  8. hi, thanks! I do actually have their contact info and am seeing about having some made but I'm also interested in finding some older pieces as well - you can never have too many of their wonderful lamps : )
  9. Hi! I'm trying to find some Kummerow lamps like the one on the left and the one on the right in this picture. If anyone has one they are interested in selling, let me know : ) Heck, any Kummerow lamps you're interested in selling, I will take a look : )
  10. Hi! I'm trying to find a 1:144 scale georgian dollhouse kit Cynthia Howe offered a couple of years ago - if you or anyone you know bought one feeling ambitious and then decided that 1:144 scale wasn't for them or you'll just never get around to putting it together for whatever reason - I would be *very* interested in buying it!! Here's a link to what they look like. http://cynthiahoweminiatures.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=139_150&products_id=1422 - Luci
  11. thank you for the responses - none of the other pieces appear stressed at all. It is an artisan made piece - I contacted the artist before I wrote this post and he has gotten back to me already asking me to send the piece back so he can repair it (yay!) I'd still like to know what happened though. I have a picture of it from when I picked it out six months ago at a show and it definitely does not have the crack. I paid for it on layaway and picked it up last month... and the more I'm thinking about it, the more I think I did see a very faint line on the surface before I packed it for the plane trip home, but was too tired from the show to register or respond to the visual info. It must have been very faint though... as I haven't really seen it since.. And then today - BAM! - it's impossible to miss! Very strange... and, for once, a 12th scale catastrophe that isn't cat related...
  12. Hi everyone, I have a question about storing miniatures when I'm not using them. Are there any special considerations when storing minis? I've amassed quite a collection of minis over the years that will all be going into various scenes at some point in the future but in between then and now are likely to be moved around (as I move around a lot) and stored possibly in self storage type places every now and again. I'm asking I guess because although I've never had a problem before, I woke up today to find a piece of furniture that has been sitting on a shelf in a cold room for the last month has the top cracked. I think it's the finish and hope it's not the actual wood. I've only had the piece for a month now. The room is in my house not the garage or anything and isn't freezing - it probably gets down to 55-60 degrees at night at the coldest. But I guess it got me wondering - and worried - about whether or not it will happen to other pieces. Any advise or ideas are appreciated
  13. oh wow - she had a million up there yesterday! I think they must have all ended on the same day but it seems like she posts these little doll pretty frequently so check back and I'm sure there will be more : ) If you look on the left of the page and check the box that says 'sold listings' you can see examples of her stuff going back a month or two
  14. I still haven't heard back from the artist - but the ebay page link is below if you want to check her stuff out! Her pieces are about 1-1 1/2 inches tall and she does a lot of little character dolls like wizard of OZ and Raggedy Ann. They're really cute! http://www.ebay.com/sch/gtsixtythree/m.html?item=152091083483&hash=item236955c2db%3Ag%3ARkIAAOSwr0ZXN-be&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562