Alicewonder

Silver Member
  • Last visited

5 Neutral

About Alicewonder

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  1. That's Great! I've must have run across improperly built ones before cause in the past I've seen rickety rough houses with windows and doors barely hanging on. check out what my mom n dad found! I forgot I collected miniatures when I was 14 or 15. My dad apparently found a bag of some things. I do not remember this stuff lol I remember little Christmas decorations though. And the bear is only familiar cause my mom would buy me them at the fabric store as a treat when I was little.
  2. I'm sure I'm overthinking it. I'm gonna try and put the Marquam out of my head. I don't want building what we want for the littles on the back burner. I was only seeing if it was a nicer and faster option for the littles since it had such big and low windows. Especially since I didn't realize just how sturdy it could be. I think I need to just wait and talk t my dad about the tools first before going down rabbit holes lol
  3. Oh? What's wrong with them? I thought it was just the top one.
  4. It's the purple. The other one is a pic I found online. They said they started it a long time ago and they have everything to finish it , plus Victorian furniture and a brand new lighting kit.
  5. They say there is no damage however, I don't know if it's just me but the top window frame look broken? is the Marquam less sturdy then the Beacon Hill?
  6. Ok, so I'm lying in bed with my head spinning. I'm quite suprised how Sturdy the beacon hill is! However, I'm still liking he Marquam ! What is wrong with me? Lol Is the Marquam that sturdy? i mean the windows n such do they stay that well in? i just keep picturing something like this (I know it can't be that nice however something similar) How big of a paint in the butt is it gonna be ? Approximately how long would it be to turn around? i checked dimensions and it's only 8" taller and 8" wider and 5" deeper then the BH. I found this online and oh my! I don't have the high expectations for it to be as fancy especially the interior of it. Just lighter in color and perhaps some flowers (I'm pretty sure I can do) I know critters will have tons of window above them but they appear much closer to the floor?
  7. Oh this is Beautiful!! There is an Artply Like that for sale here but it's in such a mess (windows have glue all over them, stains water damadge I think on the wallpaper. Icky carpet and the outside was paper brick and stone speckled on attached to a giant gross looming platform (I mean the grass looked gross). I wasn't about to tackle that. Yours is Wow!! You did such a wonderful job!!!
  8. Well, we arrived at the place after driving around and at first I got this is creepy vibe as it was a camp. We were like we will just go in and then say it won't work. howrver, once you walked inside you realized they were very meager. They were very nice and selling just about everything as they are moving to Colorado. I could see clearly the windows were too high for the critters but the house was sturdier then I thought and windows n everything were in good! The house wasn't dirty just messy. And I think they needed the money. So, we talked it over and my husband said even if we end up donating it to charity it was worth it to try at this price. Plus, I kind of wanted to just give her the money anyway. I told her to keep the furniture (she seem to admire it and honestly I would've just given it away as it's not my style). My husband says he will still build the one we want for the littles. Its sitting in in the garage on top of a Doc McStuffins birthday tablecloth waiting to be tested for lead paint (just in case). We will see what happens.
  9. After driving I circles here. Tag teamed my husband. There is a tiny bit of paint on the windows but it's not terrible. They are in good it feels like it. The door is sealed shut though. I would've liked it to be a real door lol. tag teaming my husband here lol she said we could build a platform in the floor so our 3" animals can look out the window lol
  10. Ok, Thanks! So, I will need all new windows? I mean it's bad to paint windows after they are installed?
  11. Here's her reply. "I'm not sure! We put in the flooring with white glue, but the walls were done already--we bought it from a family that had assembled and begun the decorating. Some of the floor that we left bare has a whitewashed look."
  12. If it's white glue what would I have to do? I'm afraid to ask lol
  13. Then I really hope it's paste. I'm just waiting to hear back about the approximate dimensions. Just want to make sure it'll fit and how to get it in the van , probably have to send my husband back to pick it up after we see it as we will have the littles in there car seats since we'd all have go to see it if we go this weekend.
  14. That's good to know about the shingles. As for the trim she says she has a loose one and it looks like most are missing from the porch so if converting to a balcony then might not matter. Really? Wow that would be nice to just peel it off easy unlike the real deal lol. I remember when I was a child and we moved into our home . We had to strip everything layers of mauve paint on the windows and baseboards plus wallpaper. It was a mess! My husband was thinking maybe a hairdryer on low might do the trick.