• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Bob
  • Country
    England

Recent Profile Visitors

333 profile views
  1. Thanks sable I hadn't thought of heat shrink tubing slipped over bent wire and the lighting wire
  2. Seems fine to me looking at the inches and your cm calcs the door size listed will be for the overall size so if you measured a door at home including the casing and the frame it should be somewhere near although not all doors are created equally in real life as in the dolls house world so as the hobby lobby door state it would be nearly 8 foot tall this includes the bottom plinth which most RL doors don't have to the top of the casing, most UK doors are 6 foot 6 inch high or taller but add on the plinth and casing and it could be bigger. Some of the UK stores tell you the size of cut out it fits to make it a bit easier Hope this sort of helps
  3. I know it sounds dumb but I'm wanting to bend some small straight drinking straws. I want to use them to feed lighting cable through to make some led coach lamps, the idea is then to wire them to 2 1.5V batteries I'm fine with the electical side (side effect of tinkering for years) but I would like to cur the straws so they the look like brackets. I did think about putting some copper wire and the lighting wire through them and then warming slightly and bending to avoid creases in the straw. Anyone else tried this or can think of a better way I have tried brass and aluminium tube but I only have a cold former use for rc planes and it tends to split trying to get tight curves Thanks in advance
  4. Hi Mikeuk I Have been trawling the tinterweb and it seems the best solution is gonna be the PVA, although a few architects have put on other forums that using a hot glue gun is an option. Not to sure whether this will end up messy and more hassle cleaning of the strings of hot glue every where but thanks for the quick response and hope your having a good weekend
  5. Hi folks I am wondering what is the best way to glue wooden lolly sticks (popsicle sticks) to foam core to look like cladding, being in the UK our products are different, I know pva wood glue will work but the time for curing is a long time and adding more than a couple of rows without moving any lower rows is a real pain. Obviously I would like to avoid anything that is likely to melt the exposed foam at the wall ends. Any help, advice, don't do it (lol) is greatly appreciated