1 Neutral

About Squarepeg78

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    April

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thanks for the welcome, Holly! Yes, I've been told that this is an addicting hobby. I'm not really in a hurry to sell anything....just want to know what I have! Most of it looks to be from the 70s....really nice. Some I like as is, others I might like with a few "changes". I really don't want to go sanding, repainting, or otherwise modifying what might be a rare or valuable piece...as a novice. i know that there are many mess ups in my future. I think I would rather risk ruining an inexpensive, easily replaceable item. Jackie, I'm in Victorville...about 85 miles NE of LA, on the way to Vegas.
  2. Thanks for the welcome, Holly! Yes, I've been told that this is an addicting hobby. I'm not really in a hurry to sell anything....just want to know what I have! Most of it looks to be from the 70s....really nice. Some I like as is, others I might like with a few "changes". I really don't want to go sanding, repainting, or otherwise modifying what might be a rare or valuable piece...as a novice. i know that there are many mess ups in my future. I think I would rather risk ruining an inexpensive, easily replaceable item. Jackie, I'm in Victorville...about 85 miles NE of LA, on the way to Vegas.
  3. Thanks for the welcome, Holly! Yes, I've been told that this is an addicting hobby. I'm not really in a hurry to sell anything....just want to know what I have! Most of it looks to be from the 70s....really nice. Some I like as is, others I might like with a few "changes". I really don't want to go sanding, repainting, or otherwise modifying what might be a rare or valuable piece...as a novice. i know that there are many mess ups in my future. I think I would rather risk ruining an inexpensive, easily replaceable item. Jackie, I'm in Victorville...about 85 miles NE of LA, on the way to Vegas.
  4. Thanks for the welcome, Holly! Yes, I've been told that this is an addicting hobby. I'm not really in a hurry to sell anything....just want to know what I have! Most of it looks to be from the 70s....really nice. Some I like as is, others I might like with a few "changes". I really don't want to go sanding, repainting, or otherwise modifying what might be a rare or valuable piece...as a novice. i know that there are many mess ups in my future. I think I would rather risk ruining an inexpensive, easily replaceable item. Jackie, I'm in Victorville...about 85 miles NE of LA, on the way to Vegas.
  5. Hello everyone! I can't express how excited I am to be among you! Let me first say that though I am an avid doll collector, I have never, ever built a dollhouse! This new journey on which I am about to embark however, has been in the works for decades! About 20 years ago, I purchased a Willowcrest kit from Ben Franklin when they were going out of business. It was to be a project for my (then) teenage daughter and I to do together...as soon as we had space and time. Well life had other plans...job transfers, relocations, etc, and that dollhouse faded into the background and was forgotten. Fast forward several years...my mom passed away, and as I was cleaning out the garage of her home, I found the dollhouse! I had forgotten that I had stored it there years ago. Now living alone, and semi-retired, space and time were no longer an issue...I thought I was ready to begin...HA! After pulling out the instruction book, I realized this would be no easy task! I still wanted to do it, but had to think on it a bit. Serendipitously, several weeks ago, I went to an estate sale with a friend. She was looking for things for to decorate her new apartment, and I just went along for the ride. What I found was a mass of miniatures! As I was picking out a few pieces for my future dollhouse, the woman running the sale comes up behind me and says "I'll give you a good price if you take it all". And that's how I ended up with 4 large boxes of miniatures, furniture, kits, accessories, etc. I know I can't possibly use it all...hoping to sell the excess. Trouble is, most of the pieces are unmarked. Everything was just thrown into boxes willy nilly! I did find some labels in the bottoms of the boxes, but since I had no way of knowing what came off what, I just threw them away. Can someone recommend a good reference...book or website that would help identify some of the pieces?