• Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name thresa
  • Country United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

1195 profile views
  1. New member from Ohio

Welcome fellow Ohioan. 
  2. Varnish

I actually had positive results using a mod podge. Like fov/emily I painted the surface rather then grout. Once you get a few coats of mod...the carton bits look just like stones. This is my first time doing it but I'm pleased. Pretty sure I used mod podge in a satin.
  3. What's everyone working on?

Got my Easy Cutter  today. Did a few cuts on spare wood. Why did I not get this sooner? What a time and stress saver. Look out trim...here I come. ( This weekend.lol  )
  4. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Haha!! Me too. I check it daily. Had a few bids in but I did not win.  I did win a Greenleaf furniture kit.  The doll house items can get pretty high on bids.  You have to control yourself.  I was telling a friend about that site. Everything is donation..right? Have you seen some of the items they are offering for auction? Who just gives away that expensive stuff?  And why are they not my friend? Lol  
  5. What's everyone working on?

Working on floors. Felt a bit intimated at first. Once I got going, I was a lot more confident.  Plan on staining them tomorrow. Just ordered an easy cutter today too.  Have lots of window  and baseboards trim to cut soon.   
  6. SF555

Ugh!I hated this house. Fought for days with the front walls. Don't get me started on the roof.. lol but it was a great learning experience. Good luck with your build. 
  7. IMG-20170418-180405.jpg

From the album colonial fao schwarz dollhouse

Bathroom (flower wp). Other rooms will be bedrooms or a study. Not sure yet. Used long cardstock for walls. Wood floor needs stained.  Deciding if I want to do more floors hardwood or carpet. 
  8. IMG-20170415-090736.jpg

From the album colonial fao schwarz dollhouse

Bathroom (flower wp). Other rooms will be bedrooms or a study. Not sure yet. Used long cardstock for walls. Wood floor needs stained.  Deciding if I want to do more floors hardwood or carpet. 
  9. IMG-20170409-201028.jpg

From the album The Willow Dollhouse

Wallpaper up. Need to trim out windows and doors. Hopefully no issues. Then it's onto laying wood flooring. The upstairs bedroom   and bathroom can be seen some. 
  10. Yep. Liquid nails or e6000 glue.  For a wood shingle. I like e6000. For me it  seems liquid nail hard to mess with.   I wish they made a thinner liquid nails. For a paper/ cardboard shingle, I used wood glue.  Try out methods on scrap wood.