Community Reputation

15 Good

About Marian

• Rank
  • Birthday 03/09/76

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Florida
  • Interests I love reading and doing fairy gardens.

Contact Methods

• Yahoo Kanti_lark@yahoo.com

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience One
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Yes
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Mari
  • Country United States

Recent Profile Visitors

1665 profile views
  1. Marian, I am so new so others will be more helpful.  I started by building the RGT Vermont.  It WAS heavy but since it was intended for a 6-yr old, it was good that it was sturdy enough to actually play with it.  

Now I am working on the Greenleaf Orchid and there is a great deal of difference.  Like you say, so much lighter.  I find the Orchid fragile but easy to cut to change up here and there when I want.  And, since this house is more for ME to play with, I like how easy it is to alter the layout. But, (maybe just me) I found the RGT instructions to be easier to follow.  With the Orchid I am constantly looking for guidance on-line and using my own imagination which might be good after all, time will tell.  Good luck to you.

1. Marian

Peggy, I agree with you about directions. The RGT's are easier to follow. I bought this with the 40% off coupon from hobby lobby. Maybe it's just the weight of the house I find a bit annoying.This is my second build so I'm pretty new to it. I keep looking at the two story addition and the conservatory that can go with it. One day I might add those. Thank you for the reply. I can't wait to see what you do with the Orchid. 

2. I have a love hate relationship with this house. Has anyone had a build like this or is it just me? I doubt I will do any more of these RGT  houses. I just find them so heavy and not sure the exact words. The greenleaf houses seem to be more forgiving and easier to handle. I've broken my right arm four times and I just find these houses heavy.I'll finish this house, it isn't I don't like it ,it's just a thorn in my side. I've added photos in a file on my profile.  My next build I like is the travel trailer by greenleaf.
  3. IMG_1575.JPG

From the album RGT Alison Jr.

4. IMG_1574.JPG

5. IMG-1573.JPG

My second build the RGT Alison Jr.
  6. IMG-1567.JPG

7. RGT Alison Jr.

Thank you everyone. I figured out the tower and sides. All is good again. I just had to redo it. I think the house will be beautiful. I want to do the two story addition eventually also. Once this is done not sure what will be next. I still need to finish the General store. 
  8. IMG_1559.JPG

9. IMG_1558.JPG

10. IMG_1557.JPG

11. IMG-1556.JPG

12. RGT Alison Jr.

I used the 40% coupon from hobby lobby and bought the Alison Jr. I just started the build this week. It's a lot heavier than the greenleaf houses. The tower sides and tower are giving me a bit of trouble. Has anyone built this house? I added three new albums with the photos of my Washington, Alison Jr. and a goodwill find I am turning into a general store with the shop keeper who will live above the store.
  13. IMG_1515.JPG

From the album Goodwill rehab

14. IMG_1513.JPG

15. IMG_1512.JPG