Ffffi

• Last visited

1 Neutral

About Ffffi

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I tried acetone last night but still no joy. I'm going to go ahead and create a false floor
  2. Thanks. I tried heat as well. It didn't do a lot. The most recent Lino, carpet and wallpaper was done 40 years ago so could be contact cement. I've stripped everything back to the wood with the exception of the Lino so no issue with acetone damaging paint.
  3. Thanks for the advice. I tried using vinegar and a paint scrapper. Really made no difference. I will try the nail polish remover. I don't want to do any harm to the structure of the house so was trying to avoid harsh chemicals. i was starting to think about a false floor too. What do you use? I will be sticking floorboards to it. I'm not worried about antique value. This house was built by my great great grandfather and has been played with by many generations. I want to be respectful in restoring it for my daughter to play with. Plus I'm having a lot of fun planning it.
  4. Help. I'm a newbie doing my first house which is a restoration of a 100 year old house. The last person to work on it stuck Lino down with superglue in one of the rooms and I can get more than 3/4 out. Now I'm stuck with uneven floors ie some bits have Lino and some don't. I don't know what to do. I'm contemplating using floor leveller from the hardware store but was hoping there might be some other expert tips. Any advice?