About wormwoodz

• Rank

Profile Information

• Gender Female
  • Location Portugal
  • Interests Houses built: Fairfield 1:24

Working on: Beacon Hill 1:12

Possible future builds: Duracraft Heritage, RGT Lincoln Springfield

Favorite Greenleaf&Corona Kits: Beacon Hill, Fairfield, Willowcrest, Lily, Westville, Rosedale

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience One
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Ashley
  • Country Please Select

Recent Profile Visitors

1903 profile views
  1. BeaconHill-parlour-wip3.jpg

Thank you! Progress has been slow latelly, lots of other work in my hands at the moment, but hopefully it will get done :)
  2. BeaconHill-parlour-wip3.jpg

Thank you! For the ceiling I've used plaster: I smoothed the wood surface with spackle mix, sanded it, then glued the cast components. The gaps between them were filled with plaster to make them look seamless, and everything was finished with white acrylic paint.
  3. BeaconHill-parlour-wip3.jpg

Thank you! This house sure takes a lot of work, take your time with it and have fun. I also don't have much time to work on it latelly, but small steps go a long way :)
  4. Lighting the house

The sideboard is so pretty, love the wall shelf as well and all the nature elements in this room! Really warm and cozy :)
  5. Finishing up the bathroom

Aww such a cute fabric, and great choice it goes fantastic with the walls and floor! Love the little rug detail <3
  6. MY FAIRFIELD BUILD

Very nice build,and I'm loving your modifications to the kit! That entrance was a really nice idea, and your floors are fabulous! I really love this mint green on the sidding, can't wait to see more ;)
  7. BeaconHill-parlour-wip3.jpg

Thank you all for such kind words   Thank you! Oh that house is gorgeous, I love scratch built houses, and his base structure looks pretty superb! I wish I could have invested in better quality wood for the pannels, but for low budget I think they turned out decent. They're quite easy to remove as well, so maintenance should be easy to do. Sadly one of the walls from the base kit warped slightly during summer, the pannels help hide it from this side but I hope it won't be too noticeable on the corridor.
  8. BeaconHill-parlour-wip3.jpg

From the album ~ Beacon Hill ~

This room is a pain to photograph, poor natural light and not a lot of space availiable to move the house around at the moment... the light fixtures don't help much in this case but at least they are working lol. I'll try to get some decent shots when I move on to the hallway... so many components to glue and paint and so little time ;__;  For the panels I tried to go for a color that would look nice with any color furniture, both walnut and mahogany constrast nicely with the walls. Second Empire houses often played with constrast; for this house I'm going with light french inspired ceilings paired with light floors, and darker colors on walls. I wasn't very fond of the interior window trims for the bay windows, they looked a bit 'chunky' and odd so I tried something diferent. You can see all that light coming from the doorway because I haven't attached the front tower wall... yet.... there's a lot of work to do there. I'm testing the lenght of the chain on the chandelier, not sure if this is too short... I should probably try a table under it. All my light fixtures are Heidi Ott, they look really nice and realistic, probably the best I found in this price range but most of my wiring and strips are houseworks. The plugs have diferent sizes here in EU, some brands aren't very reliable stocking basic wiring supplies and too often incompatible with other suppliers :/   Now I'm thinking if I should wallpapper the second floor already or wait until I glue the front wall... I have to paint a lot of components for the ceilling in the hallway, would be nice to have diferent areas to work in between. 
  9. BeaconHill-kitchen-1.jpg

Thank you! I'm not very fond of bright yellow either but I'm definitely loving it here, I also would like having a kitchen in this color scheme in real size :)
  10. BeaconHill-wallpanels-wip.jpg

Here are the assembled wall pannels, after the stain is applied they'll have to lay down flat with weight on top for about 2-3 days until completly dry. I'm including this shot in case anyone is interested in trying something like this, I didn't use a lot of materials as you can see but they still look pretty realistic after put together. It's all basswood so they'll get a stain treatment, you can see a test sample for the color I used on a small piece of wood. Also included the stains I use, the bottle is the premixed stain (water based) and in the jar a mix with satin varnish finish. I apply them with a paintbrush and let it dry for over a day so the color will be evenly spread after absorbed by the wood, then another day or 2 to let the top varnish dry. I use the same method for the stairs, windows, doors etc. 
  11. BeaconHill-parlour-wip2.jpg

Thank you, yes the veneers are from them as well, their cherry veneer is usually a bit darker but the last batch was this color, which I really love as it's just the right contrast I wanted with the teak :)
  12. BeaconHill-parlour-wip2.jpg

I ran out of trim while cutting the wood pannels, now I'm crossing my fingers hoping I ordered the correct size lol... This will delay the work in this room for a while, in the meantime I got started on the floors. I'm not sure how I'm going to finish the interior of the bay windows, they bottom will have a continuation of the pannels but I'm not very fond of the kit's pediments. Luckily the external ones are separate pieces for these. All the glass frames will be stained dark mahogany (as in the kitchen), I'm not sure if I should use the same stain on the interior frames or use a lighter color. The wall pannels will be stained a medium Teak or Cherry, I'm trying to follow a combo of light floors + darker walls I've seen in houses from this period that I got really fond of
  13. playing with the floor plan

I LOVE the pattern on the wallpapper! The coffe table is so cute, I saw something like that in real size just recently... it was pretty impressive, must have been a very old tree :) 
  14. The kitchen. This is the wall that will get the appliances.

That wallpapper is so cute!! I also love how great the yellow goes with the wood stain, and is that stained glass on the window? How awsome! :)
  15. BeaconHill-kitchen-floor.jpg

Ah yes I told them they could use any picture from my Fairfield if they'd like, not sure if they did. Some of their tiles work for small scale too, the quarter inch squares and triangles and the half inch squares look nice too (like my porch and kitchen). They are very nice and I definitely recomend! If you can't find what you are looking for you can send them a picture and explain what you have in mind, they'll cut them for you as long as it's not weird shapes and angles