Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Five or more
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Dana
  • Country United States
  1. The Base

I've been trying to decide whether to use builders foam or plaster cloth for landscaping. This looks great! How did you achieve the bumps and elevations? Are there objects under the plaster, or just crumpled paper, or? Thanks for sharing this!
  2. Color and texture choices

Thanks KathieB!
  3. Color and texture choices

From the album Qué será, Alison?

I am challenging my own taste in color in this dollhouse. It seems to "want" corals, pinks, silver-grays, and cream... whereas I tend to like primary colors. It's been an experience to paint and highlight things in these foreign hues. ;-)

© Dana Freeman

4. Clock tower

From the album Qué será, Alison?

I set a small batteryoperated clock in the tower, after giving it some "weathering" with rub-n-buff metallics. 

© Dana Freeman

5. Brick Colonial interior

How did it get so mildewed? That's hard to eradicate. Good luck and have fun!
  6. tower rooms stacked.jpg

You must put in full days working on this! Amazing work. Well done!
  7. You're lucky... I can't have a dog right now, but if I could, I'd like to have a big old lovey dog like this one.
  8. Thank you! It was a lot of work to cut and lay out the squares, so I worried I'd ruin it with the chalk shading. Once it was brushed with a dry brush and then sealed I think it looked pretty good. So thanks!
  9. Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/253001276279  ...and he's on sale this week!