Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Dana
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. DanaFree

The Base

I've been trying to decide whether to use builders foam or plaster cloth for landscaping. This looks great! How did you achieve the bumps and elevations? Are there objects under the plaster, or just crumpled paper, or? Thanks for sharing this!
  2. DanaFree

Qué será, Alison?

I've started the RGT Alison Jr, which seems to want to be French Colonial... I think. I promised some friends who are looking forward to bidding on the house at the xmas faire that it would have a Disney theme. Hmmm.... sometimes the house just morphs into its own story.
  3. How did it get so mildewed? That's hard to eradicate. Good luck and have fun!
  4. You must put in full days working on this! Amazing work. Well done!
  5. You're lucky... I can't have a dog right now, but if I could, I'd like to have a big old lovey dog like this one.
  6. Thank you! It was a lot of work to cut and lay out the squares, so I worried I'd ruin it with the chalk shading. Once it was brushed with a dry brush and then sealed I think it looked pretty good. So thanks!
  7. Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/253001276279 ...and he's on sale this week!
  8. DanaFree

Victoria's Farmhouse

A 1930s imagining in a RGT Victoria's farmhouse build.
  9. I like that you use a hodgepodge of clips. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that uses just anything that works, and doesn't have a tidy matching collection of tools. (Most the time blue masking tape does the trick, but other times you might risk it pulling away some detail.) Nice work!
  10. What technique did you end up using to age the copper?
  11. DanaFree

A girl and her dog

He is amazing, isn't he? He's a Belgian shepherd, sculpted and furred by Kristin Castenschiold, or heartfeltcanines1. I won him on an eBay auction for a great price. (I think she was selling off her early work, because the prices for her current work are pretty high.)
  12. DanaFree

Sewing room

I got the little crocheted dress on Etsy. It is a treasure, for sure.
  13. DanaFree

Cornflowers

Sorry for the delay in responding. (I was having trouble finding where to view comments on my photos.) I used Gallery Glass, which looks like a paint-by-numbers set, but acts like colored glue. I got the set for trying my hand at making stained glass window inserts, but I need more practice. It was easy enough, though, to just swirl the clear glaze on and end up with a sort of frosted glass. (Some day I'll use real glass window panes; acrylic panes look scratched and worn to me. I'm always trying to hide them.)