Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Emily
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thank you everyone! I am so excited to start the build...and that I found this site!
  2. Hi everyone! My name is Emily and I just bought two dollhouse kits from a Facebook yard sale group. I purchased a house called "the whitney" and one called "heritage" both for $20!! I've drooled over the ones at Hobby Lobby and knew I got a bargain. The problem is that I know nothing about building a dollhouse! I'm a pretty good crafter and artist and am really getting excited about this endeavor! I'm building them for my daughter, who is 6 months old...She will probably be old enough to play with them by the time I'm finished! LOL! I'm enlisting the help of my father, who has built actual houses and hoping to pick his brain about things, too. I would like to know some tricks of the trade. What has/hasn't worked for you? Are there any products that you've used a long time ago and still holding up? Are there any tools you swear by and why? What brand of materials (glue, paint, paintbrushes, etc.) do you use? Why? What is the one piece of advise to those just starting out? These both seem like Victorian homes, is that more difficult? Thank you for your responses and wisdom! <3