4 Neutral

About DestinySara

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Alicia

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Welcome to the forum Diane. ok ladies, house two is painted, wallpapered and ready to be put together. I'll glue it all together Saturday. Shingles on Sunday and I'm done. First orchid took a month of work with four hours every night. second one took 4 hours a day, 6 total days. much easier.
  2. Oh yes, first house is finished and i've started the second one. It's already going much faster. i've kept a system of notes to help with what not to do and how to do something better. I started the first house going by the strict instructions, never questioning a thing. by the time I finished the first house, the instructions were tossed in the trash and I went by what felt right. Easier and more fun.
  3. I I cannot believe I have reached the final threshold. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope it isn't a train. I've got my shingles soaking up stain while I'm sanding the rough edges on Orchid #2.The second one should*knock on wood* be easier since I now know what not to do.
  4. right but how exactly does it attach to the house? do i glue all three pieces together then add to the house or do i add it in pieces? what about the top and base? how do they go on to fit straight?
  5. I took the gussets back out but that didn't help it. turns out my attic partition is just a tiny bit too tall. I had forgotten that when I wrote my notes. tried it every which way and it is just a hair too tall. going to try to clamp the rear and front roof to glue them together and seal the small gap. In other news, I bought my paint for house two and I'm using it to paint the casings for the windows and detail work on the house. I should have the house #1 done by thanksgiving. I'll start to assemble house #2 while doing shingles on house 1. I dont want to mix parts and pieces. The bay window looks like loads of trouble, is there an easy way to put it in?
  6. the gussets on the edges of the roof are keeping the roof from fully coming together.
  7. Ok, wallpaper is done. Moving on now. Got my staircase drying after I painted it and then it will go in. Going to work on the dormers and the rear roof. can anyone tell me what the point of the gusset in the second floor? it says to glue one next to the large dormer window. sounds odd.
  8. Yes, Sable I spent my college days in a big city and loved that I had access to everything within 5 miles but where I live, If amazon doesnt have it then I can't get it. Got the wallpaper done on my first floor. Will add a picture once I get the second floor done.
  9. The nearest Home Depot is an hour away and the nearest Lowes is 30 miles. I do all my dollhousing at about midnight when I'm in the mood so naturally the stores are closed and I do go out except on a weekend so I kinda amazon prime everything. I get points back on my purchases so It kinda pays me to do it that way rather than shop on my lunch break that I technically don't get. Haven't tried giftwrap or fabric or anything but it is an interesting idea. my uncle used contact paper for my cousin's house and it looked great but I got a better deal with the wallpaper from hobby lobby. more prints for the same cash. I have decided that the next house I do after Christmas will be the Glencroft . Just got to get the divider put in the first floor after I may cut it down some. then I'll wallpaper, roof and shingle the thing. I should be done by thanksgiving so I can start on Orchid #2
  10. I've got some wallpaper paste ordered but it wont be here till friday since my stores don't carry it or wallpaper at all. Sad. I wanted to have that done before then. I'm playing with the floor dividers for now. I have no idea how the first floor divider(in the shape of a P) is capable of fitting under the second floor with that odd shape it has. I'm assuming it (the tail of the P) goes towards the front wall since I never see it in any picture but I just can't make it fit. extended instructions don't even mention it. Tried it up, down, facing forward and back. Managed to knock the tabs of the second floor out of the walls from trying to get it to go in. Still in the debate over whether to add stairs.
  11. ok guys and gals, what dO I use to put in wallpaper? elmers glue, wood glue or the wallpaper paste? what about flour and water?
  12. The oldest is 6 years and the younger will be 5 at the beginning of january. I do like the idea of strengthening the houses but I am unsure of how much I can "fix" it up. I am willing to try some of it out. I have the outside of the house painted now and I am trying to attach wallpaper. I should have done that before I put the walls together but I "know better" for when I do the second orchid. Also, I bought furniture today. toys r us had sets of furniture for the "you and me, happy together" family that is a good size for the dollhouse.I bought a parent's bedroom(link below) a dining room set, bathroom set, nursery, and living room. each "room" set was $15- $20 a piece which was sooo much better than the hobby lobby brand that is $40-$60 per room set. I should have enough furniture for the two houses if I use the Div. walls right Also, I got a doll family(link below) of 7 for $12 online that is a great size. I finally managed to find the 40% off coupon for hobby lobby so my second orchid was practically free. That made my day. Now I just have to kick my own butt to finish the first house so I can work on the second. On the plus though the popsicle barn only lacks a roof and paint job and I'm nearly done with the popsicle stable for the younger two kids. I'm just debating on whether or not to stain the shingles. https://www.amazon.com/Happy-Together-Deluxe-Parents-Bedroom/dp/B00OABPEOW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1478408545&sr=8-2&keywords=happy+together+furniture https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LU6RL4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  13. I bought some wallpaper today along with a second orchid kit on sale. I'm still searching through the instructions for the dividers to add but I'm debating on how to do it. Without wanting to sound cheap, I'd like as few rooms as possible because those dollhouse furniture kits are expensive indeed. Plus, it's going to some roughhouse kids anyways so I doubt if it lasts a year. I'm going to have a hard time parting with them though, I put alot of blood, sweat and tears into it(literally). I am thinking on doing more houses now (If and when I find room)that I know more about piecing them together. Depending on my sis-in law, I could always do the big fun ones at a later age, or If I ever get a house on my own, I'd love to try the beach bungalow kit.
  14. *mimics Lion king pose* It finally resembles a house. I'm so proud