Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience Two
  • Dollhouse Preference The Traditional Greenleaf
  • Online Community Building Projects No
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name BWM
  • Country United States
  1. Opening Scene Replicas

I have the Collinwood foyer from “Dark Shadows”, but I’ll never part with it.
  2. I used upholstery strips to side this house, I found it satisfactory, and of course very economical.
  3. I am lucky enough to have a very large workbench in my basement.
  4. Siding Idea

Sorry I'm so late with my response, but I've been devoting most free time to outdoor living, and indoor hobbies like the general store on on hold until fall/winter.  I hope to post my progress then.  Thanks for your interest!
  5. Do you have any more photos of your progress with the store?  I would love to see them for inspiration for my next general store project,

6. Siding Idea

You are most welcome, I hope you have successful results with it.
  7. Siding Idea

Thanks, I'm glad you found that video demonstration....it really does work!
  8. Siding Idea

I'd like to view that, but can't seem to track it down.  Is there a direct link?  Thanks!
  9. Siding Idea

As I recall, white craft glue (Aline's perhaps?).   It was over 20 years ago!  Paint was applied with a foam brush after gluing.
  10. My General Store

Nicely done!  I really like the vintage gas pump out front too.  
  11. My General Store

I'm thinking that this is one of those projects that will always be a work in progress.  There are so many more accessories to build...somehow I ended up with two whole kits of country store items, so there are lots more crates and flour sacks, etc. to be added.  BTW, the windows are the plexi or acrylic panels that came with the store kit.  I know, I need to clean 'em off!  The only component I chose to replace was the door.  I really disliked the big brass hinges on the door included with the kit.  Now I'm on a quest for some printable vintage boxes and can labels in scale to fill those shelves!
  12. My General Store

Thanks Holly!  Looks like my Irish Setter's mini-me has chased the cat outside for a while...