4 Neutral

About Maggie's Dollhouses

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Maggie

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thanks everyone for your warm welcome messages! Especially to my friend right here near me in Washington, CJ! I think I may just sell the Farmhouse and keep the San Franciscan. Feeling overwhelmed by the idea of having to rewire it. May just leave that to someone with some experience. If anyone know anyone in Washington Idaho or Oregon who may like to buy the Farmhouse, please let them know! I have so many houses already and so little time. I will get the transformer in a week from the lady and then she will be ready to move on.
  2. I picked this house up yesterday from an estate sale. The granddaughter of the woman who built it told me it's the DC farmhouse 505 but I'm not sure if that's the exact model. I see a lot of those with dormers and working windows, etc. I would like to make it look better for resale, so I'm open to all your suggestions. do you think the person sealed this house on the outside from the looks of it? Did they just want this natural look as oppposed to painting it? they did tape wire the inside but I have to re-attach in places. It's falling down and needs repairs here and there.
  3. Hi samusa thanks very much! That is prettier than any of the ones I saw! It's a plan then! Very easy fix!
  4. Yep ugly they are! I wonder if just paint would help but I doubt it. I am going to go look at other farmhouses now to see what is out there for ideas! Nice to meet you!
  5. Sounds like I will need to spend a bit of time perusing here! I have not built a dollhouse before bigger than the Greenleaf Village lol! But I am a collector. I do need to fix a lot of things for resale! Oh I also finished a RGT house that I still have, and I have reinforced, painted, papered and carpeted many houses! When the transformer arrives I will start fixing the electrical. I am reading a book on it now. If anyone sees any concerns in how she did it, feel free to comment as it will be a process of discovery for me. I kinda wonder why it goes all across the floors like it does but maybe for lamps in the middle of the room.
  6. Here is the San Franciscan. It was a father daughter project. They said they had fun building it, but they never got any furniture for it or go into it after it was done. It does have carpet and papers so i guess i will go with battery box.
  7. Thanks for the warm welcome Shannon Kelli and Holly! I took a few interior pictures. I put Remiiscence furniture in the San Franciscan and quickly ran out of room! I do have plenty of 3/4" scale furniture for it so I may have to rethink it. It just suits the house so nicely and I have so much of it here I would like to display! Now I will post pictures of the wiring for your expert opinions. It does have a transformer, but the lady forgot it and will bring it to me next week. She said the wires "need reattaching." I did start an album over in the gallery, but not sure if it's better here or there. I thought maybe the gallery is for finished projects...
  8. OK this will be my tenth post. My friend told me that ten is the lucky number that I need in order to post photos, so that is why I am making all these separate posts. Can I get parts for my Duracraft farmhouse? It doesn't have dormers, which would be nice, and the shutter style doesn't do much for me, so I would like to put in working windows maybe. I would love to see pictures of what others have done and get some advice! I would really like to resell this farmhouse, but it needs a little help first with aesthetics.
  9. So how do I meet other people versus the Greenleaf people? Is it all the same regardless of if you work for the company or are an artisan or crafter? I would like to meet other people in my area, which is Seattle.
  10. Please tell me what is a silver member? It says I am a silver member now. I did create a photo album earlier today, but kept getting error messages about uploading photos that they were too big. I made them smaller, but still, no luck. I finally gave up. I hope I can talk to someone soon to figure it out.
  11. My San Franciscan has wallpaper and flooring, but not wired, so I am wondering if I can wire that one at least a little. It came with a power strip with plugs by CirKit, but that's it. It is a very sweet little house! I will post pictures as soon as I am allowed.
  12. I am a collector of Vintage and antique houses, so I guess these are starting to qualify as vintage houses, although most of my collection is 50 years old or more. But I am welcoming a couple newer houses into the fold! so to say!
  13. My Farmhouse does not have working windows and I am wondering if it is sealed or if I should paint it... It has tape wire, but I have never done it before so I need advice fixing it where it is falling down, etc.
  14. OK, My Lovely San Franciscan doesn't fit much furniture and I am wondering if it is not a 1" scale house! The rooms seem very small to me. It has a beautiful paint job and I can hardly wait to show it off here!
  15. Do I have to post separate topics in different places, or is it adequate to keep posting right here? Please advise.