Peggy

Gold Member
  • Last visited

Everything posted by Peggy

1. Thank you both so much for your helpful replies. I will look on your profiles and study awhile before I decide what to try next. I have already seen some amazing houses here. Some are just breathtakingly beautiful. Thanks again.
  2. My name is Peggy Morneau and I am so glad to find this forum. I live in Canal Fulton, Ohio which is between Canton and Akron, about an hour south of Cleveland. My adult niece and I just built the Vermont by Real Good Toys. It all started because her 6-year old granddaughter asked for a doll house for her birthday. All we found in toy stores was plastic junk. When we found the dollhouses at Hobby Lobby with a 40% coupon, away we went with our new project. WOW!! We had no idea what we were in for! Since we had a deadline, we devoted ourselves to it, dedicated every day to it and got it done in 2 weeks -- just the basic build, no electric, but decorated and painted inside and out. The roof was especially challenging but so proud of the way it turned out. I think I've caught the dollhouse building bug. This time, I want to slow down, take time to enjoy the process, and give more thought to decorating, etc. My problem is I don't know the difference between the Greenleaf and Real Good Toys. Would someone be kind enough to guide me about brands, things to consider, and what to avoid. This is a Greenleaf Forum but I also see people discussing RGTs. Does that mean the two are somehow connected? You can tell I know absolutely nothing so anything you say will be helpful. Thank you.