musicinabottle

Silver Member
  • Last visited

6 Neutral

About musicinabottle

Profile Information

• Interests
    English Springer Spaniels, building and fabrication, vintage driving bridles, antiques

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Christopher B!
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

922 profile views
  1. Thank you so much! I always thought these two were immortal and my mom was my best friend as a kid growing up. The photos of my mom were over 11 years before I was born! It will take me awhile, but I will be starting up on Billy's church here soon.
  2. I'm so sorry for the delay folks and friends. Not long ago, shortly after Billy passed away, my mother slipped and broke her hip and was hospitalized a few weeks before my parents were to celebrate their 61st wedding anniversary. 3 days after their 61st anniversary, my mother came home and passed away from complications due to kidney failure. She was 80. I got started on the church build largely forming up my materials and still designing, but it might be a bit longer before construction actually begins.
  3. My wife wants to do the stained glass work on this project, and she has been looking on line for tips, but I'm going to let her know about that idea, which is a great suggestion, thank you!
  4. On Oct 12th, we lost our little boy, Billy, who was my soul mate. In his memory, and to provide a safe sacred spot for his ashes, I have decided to build him a 1:18 scale turn of the 20th century church, based on a very small farm and logging community church in my area called "The Little church of the wildwood". I give more details about Billy in another thread here, but this thread is going to deal with the nuts and bolts of Billy's church build. Tonight, I hit Ben Franklin for some Basswood. Tomorrow I'll be cutting material for the floor framing, which every detail of this church will be constructed as if it were a regular building, borrowing from my long construction career. The scale that I'm utilizing will be 1:18th scale. The floor framing will be machined out of some very nice Alder from a cabinet shop I worked in for awhile. I decided on Alder for the floor framing because it will largely be hidden within the building and I'm going to be processing it on my large table saw as much as I can. I will be putting up photos as I go along and please feel free to comment and give pointers as I document this project, which is going to take some time and a great deal of patience. Please stand by.....
  5. Thank you Linda! Do you have any photos of your parrots? We love birds! Anyways, I'm buying some basswood today, to begin the floor framing. I've been picking up small stones here and there for the foundation. I'm very eager to start this out and I'll be posting pictures irregardless of how bad I cobble it!
  6. Thank you Daisy. A friend of mine, whom I have done work for, snapped this photo about the time we discovered he had cancer. I absolutely love the look on his face. I'll be starting on the chapel around Thanksgiving. Very eager to start on it!
  7. He actually more loved his lambie. He took lambie absolutely everywhere, including stores like home depot. It's so empty without him.
  8. That's a very nice blade but it's really thick (.070 inch) whereas the blade I have now is (.040 inch) but I'm going to look around on ebay and see if I can find more blades that have a thin kerf with carbide teeth.
  9. I hit Ben Franklin today and after looking at their Balsa and Basswood side by side, I am definitely going with the Basswood. Nice stuff. Thank you for the heads up on that suggestion. Where do I find 4 inch table saw blades for the Jarmac saw?
  10. Excellent. This is good to know on the materials. I'm close to a Ben Franklin, so I'll inquire about these materials. I'll get some photos of my Jarmac table saw up here tonight. Very pleased with this little unit. Very well made! I will also continue to work on the gallery photos..........
  11. Success! Here is a couple photos of Billy, 4 days before he left us.......... and a video from about two years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n62Nbv3dSyo&feature=youtu.be
  12. Okay, I added some photos to the gallery, but I can't locate them on here or link you. AGH! I'll try here..........
  13. I don't see anything like that on the profile page. The only thing remotely close is a button that says "Edit Profile Page" and that's it. When I go to put up any photos, here's what I get.... You are only allowed to upload 501.76kb. I bought a very nice Jarmac table saw for $50. It's older, and American made and runs like a pair of hair clippers! What other tools could I need aside from an exacto knife, glue and building materials? Is it advisable to use Balsa wood for my framing and sheathing, or is there other materials that are suitable?
  14. I appreciate the heads up. The struggle thus far that I can tell, is the photo size I'm trying to put up. May I ask how a person goes about flying an avatar here?
  15. Thank you! I'm trying to get some photos of Billy on here but having troubles. Not very puter savoy....