• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Please Select
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Samantha
  • Country Australia

Recent Profile Visitors

2177 profile views
  1. Houseworks Clay Bricks?

Thanks Matt.. I figured I would need nippers of some sort. Thanks for the advice. And thanks for the Aussie ebay link. I bought a pair. I hope they get here quickly.    
  2. Need your prayers if you are that way inclined

Wow, Jodi.. that's awful! How is he doing now? Did he have any long term effects? She will definitely need grafts, but I don't think she has any tendon damage. I assume they are keeping her in the ICU because of the skin issue. I believe it would be just like being burned. And you are very susceptible to infection with your skin off.  And yes you are right. A true miracle given the circumstances.  
  3. So has anybody used these? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-12-Scale-Houseworks-Common-Joint-Pattern-Clay-Brick-Sheet-/192080326885 If you have, how did you cut them. I'm using them for the flooring in the San Franciscan's basement and I've been scoring and breaking them with mixed success. They are too expensive to just ruin. Any ideas?  
  4. Suitcases

As a former Flight Attendant. I love this idea.  
  5. Need your prayers if you are that way inclined

Thanks Debora.  
  6. Need your prayers if you are that way inclined

Ok, so my DH has seen his sister and he feels much more hopeful now. She is still in the ICU and will be for some time but it looks like she will escape this accident with no severe long term injuries. Fingers crossed It seems she was ejected from the car, (which probably saved her life) because she has literally no skin down the entire left side of her body. They will have to reconstruct her left ear as it has no skin and some of the cartilage was worn away from the road impact. She seems to have mostly broken bones (thoracic spine, collar, ribs, jaw, & one arm) & a severe concussion and no short term memory (she does recognise family members). Her injuries appear to be confined to her upper body, apart from skin loss & some large gashes on her upper legs.  But the big one is, they believe there is no spinal injury to her back.  She is in a brace at the moment and will probably have surgery to fuse her vertebrae at some point soon. They have already reconstructed her jaw. And done some preliminary work to her face to minimise scarring. Amazing what they can do these days so we are very hopeful that she wont have to many visible reminders on her face. Somehow she managed to not knock any of her teeth out.. No idea how you can smash your jaw to pieces and retain your teeth but she has and that is a win in my book.   We are all feeling incredibly grateful for the outcome so far and we hold more than a little guilt that we are the only family in this tragedy with this good news. She doesn't remember that she has even been in an accident and has not asked about her co-workers (probably because she doesn't remember they were with her). The family have decided not to tell her anything until she is much stronger.  Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.. All those good vibes from around the world are definitely helping. ((hugs))
  7. Bathroom

This room looks great! Love the blue tone tile.  
  8. Need your prayers if you are that way inclined

Thanks Kelli, Brae, Colleen, Amber, Joanne, Lawanda, Patti, Sarah, it's so nice to have a caring group of forum friends to vent to in a time of stress and worry. The cyber support helps more than you know.   My husband is on the way to the hospital now. And all your prayers have been working. She is awake! She can't speak because her jaw is wired shut and she has absolutely no memory at all. But baby steps, right?  
  9. Need your prayers if you are that way inclined

Thanks Shannon.. no there isn't much left is there.. I've been just completely amazed all day that they were able to pull her from this wreckage in any state at all. We are all feeling incredibly lucky that we even have some hope. We are in a far better position than the families of her colleagues and we are very grateful for that.
  10. Need your prayers if you are that way inclined

That's so kind of you Jeannine. Thank you!
  11. What are you up to today? This week?

Congratulations Kathie... so exciting... new adventures.  
  12. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Taking my mind of other things by doing a little window shopping on ebay. Found this almost half price RGT Queen Anne if you are anywhere near New Jersey. http://www.ebay.com/itm/REAL-GOOD-TOYS-QUEEN-ANN-DOLLHOUSE-KIT-NEVER-UNPACKED-BRAND-NEW-CONDITION-/142513288786?hash=item212e743652:g:GO8AAOSwqYhZwmuf
  13. What's everyone working on?

Yes, we love it there Karin.. so much so, we hope to retire there one day.   I'm a big fan of high desert terrain. But I do love the canyons as well.. so majestic. Paticularly the Cottonwood canyons.  We often scoot over to Alta or Solitude for the day. Just to change it up a bit. 
  14. Need your prayers if you are that way inclined

Thank you Donna.. that means a lot. ((hugs))
  15. Need your prayers if you are that way inclined

Thank you Holly & Jeannine... every prayer is very welcome.