• Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Please Select
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Samantha
  • Country Australia

Recent Profile Visitors

7202 profile views
  1. Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Skillcraft Nob Hill Victorian kit. says new in box.. but there is some suspicious blue tape involved. Ask questions before buying. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223703459839
  2. Cape House RGT 1287 and 1288

Are you going to be selling kits or full houses Susie?
  3. Front entrance

Oohhh.... that is impressive! That door is a work of art!
  4. Woven bottle 14.jpeg

Thanks! It was an awesome class Deborah! But it was quite technical and required good manual dexterity.. which isn’t exactly my strong point. Plus I started weaving in the same direction as the rest of the class but being left handed it was very awkward for me.. I thought I was just bad at it, until we realised why I was struggling.. but by then I was too far in and had to continue in right handed weave.  So I turned the bottle upside down and did everything backwards.... pretty happy it turned out as well as it did, considering  
  5. Woven bottle 14.jpeg

Thanks Keith. No not really, if your using thread stakes you are always going to need a form or your item won’t hold its shape. If you use wire stakes then you don’t need a form. 
  6. Yes and it can cut fabric.  @SharebI’ve used my maker to cut plywood veneer (very very thin from the aeroplane modelers section at the hobby shop). It did cut it, but not all the way through. I just used my scalpel to finish the cuts but probably if I did another pass it would have cut it. 
  7. woven bottle 9.jpeg

Thanks Nellie! It was a lot of fun and challenging but also a lot of fun to meet other miniaturists.  
  8. Woven bottle 14.jpeg

Thanks Shannon. I see your up early too  ... yes it was quite difficult, when we started on the base I was thinking “what was I thinking doing this workshop!” Haha...  But I persevered and I’m pretty proud of how it turned out. I’m already scheming some mini baskets and planning how I can use what I’ve learnt  
  9. Woven bottle 14.jpeg

From the album Mini Furniture Rehabs & Builds

I did a miniature weaving class at the AMEA (Australian Miniature Enthusiasts association) over the long weekend. It was taught by the very talented Lidi Stroud. We weaved around a bottle using traditional weaving techniques. Not a wire in sight... all cord stakes in this one. All finished! Phew, that was quite a challenge. 
  10. woven bottle 13.jpeg

I did a miniature weaving class at the AMEA (Australian Miniature Enthusiasts association) over the long weekend. It was taught by the very talented Lidi Stroud. We weaved around a bottle using traditional weaving techniques. Not a wire in sight... all cord stakes in this one. All finished! Phew, that was quite a challenge. 
  11. Woven bottle 12.jpeg

I did a miniature weaving class at the AMEA (Australian Miniature Enthusiasts association) over the long weekend. It was taught by the very talented Lidi Stroud. We weaved around a bottle using traditional weaving techniques. Not a wire in sight... all cord stakes in this one. Handles done. The collar isn’t uneven it’s just the way I’m holding the bottle. 
  12. Woven bottle 11.jpeg

I did a miniature weaving class at the AMEA (Australian Miniature Enthusiasts association) over the long weekend. It was taught by the very talented Lidi Stroud. We weaved around a bottle using traditional weaving techniques. Not a wire in sight... all cord stakes in this one. One handle done. 
  13. Woven bottle10.jpeg

I did a miniature weaving class at the AMEA (Australian Miniature Enthusiasts association) over the long weekend. It was taught by the very talented Lidi Stroud. We weaved around a bottle using traditional weaving techniques. Not a wire in sight... all cord stakes in this one. Handle construction continuing
  14. woven bottle 9.jpeg

I did a miniature weaving class at the AMEA (Australian Miniature Enthusiasts association) over the long weekend. It was taught by the very talented Lidi Stroud. We weaved around a bottle using traditional weaving techniques. Not a wire in sight... all cord stakes in this one. Handle construction continuing. 
  15. Woven bottle 7.jpeg

I did a miniature weaving class at the AMEA (Australian Miniature Enthusiasts association) over the long weekend. It was taught by the very talented Lidi Stroud. We weaved around a bottle using traditional weaving techniques. Not a wire in sight... all cord stakes in this one.  Rolled collar finished, stakes cut off & tucked under, handle attachments added.