Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Kim
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thanks for asking, Brandie! I had to take a break. The wallpaper was so frustrating to get off and hard in the deep corners. The wire tape is under some pieces of wood that I would have to chisel off to get at. So I'm not sure if I want to add electricity now. I have to keep telling myself that this is the hard part!
  2. Hi Kerry, Yes, Norms was so cool! I had just as much fun as my kids in there. And I love that I live within a few minutes drive to Hobby Lobby and it's right next to the supermarket! Thanks for all the info. I'll have to check to see if there are model stores in the area. I'm between Boulder and Denver.
  3. Thanks, Jenn! I'll have to look into hallway ideas, I thought that was pretty neat too and I've been trying to decide what to do with that huge living room! The blue also caught my eye, but I'm redoing it for my daughter and she saw a light pink dollhouse with green and white trim in the store and so I'll have to go with that for now. Maybe it will get a facelift in 20 years. ;-)
  4. Hi Kelli - The dimensions 27.5"h x 20.5"w x 31.25"d
  5. Very pretty and such a great idea!
  6. Hi Kelli, Thanks for the resource site! Yes, it does look like both of those! I hadn't seen the houseworks one, but I have thought it looked a lot like RGT Princess Anne. The front of mine is a little different though. As Kelli stated, the dormer, and it also doesn't appear that mine had a roof over a second floor porch. Hi Vicki, That is actually a groove in the wood. Do you know if that is normal for a porch? Hi Mary, Thanks for the welcome!
  7. Thank you for the resources! We have a miniature store within an hour drive and I was just able to visit for the first time this past week. Unfortunately, I also just found out they are closing in March and I was wondering where I was going to go for supplies. And yes, my daughter picked out a sweet rose (pink) color for the house and green trim, so I think it will be a princess when I'm done.
  8. I love your blue room. Thank you for the info on your porch and your windows! Here are a few pictures of my house.
  9. Hi, About 4 years ago I purchased a dollhouse. It was in rough shape. I gave myself a 6 year timeframe to finish it and hadn't really looked at it since (too many excuses). Now, as I'm approaching that six year deadline, I've decided to stop making excuses and get to work! I welcome any advice and am excited to check out all of the information that is available here! And it would be neat to find out if my house is a kit. It looks pretty standard, but haven't been able to find any pictures of it on any sites. It needs a lot of work. First, it's filthy. I think maybe Tom Thumb and Hunca Munca took up residence in it. I've taken a lot of the wallpaper out, but having a problem taking out the rest. I've taken out most of the flooring, but the first floor has wood floor sheets? that are hard to take up. I'm thinking I might just clean them up good with mineral spirits and stain them? I'm worried that if I take them off the floor will be covered in adhesive that I'll have an even harder time getting off. And with taking out the wallpaper, I've taken out all of the baseboards and door frames and some came out cleanly and some broke off in bits. It was wired with electricity and I pulled a lot of that out because I figured it would be easier to start from the beginning with planning it and I couldn't even figure out where it was wired to on the outside. Well now I'm regretting that decision. I found out where the tape is wired to on the outside of the house and its right under a board on the side of the house and I don't think I can take the piece off cleanly. I guess I could just run the new tape over the board instead. The stairs face the front door, which I don't like and I couldn't clean them or take out the wallpaper. I decided to take them out to see if I can turn them around? I think I might have to buy new stairs though.... There are some things missing such as, shingles, front door, window frames, panes and window plastic. I'm trying to figure out the best way to replace them inexpensively. And the front porch is missing. I was told that it might be best to just fill in the notch on the front of the house where the roof was connected to the house and leave the porch off or have one specially made. Which is why I'm wondering if I can figure out if my house came from a kit and if I could purchase a porch somehow? Or I'll figure out how to make one one day. Well I'm very excited to get to work and to gain some insights from the great resources here! My little girl is a great inspiration to me as she tells me everyday what a great job I'm doing.