About CassB

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Cassandra

Recent Profile Visitors

945 profile views
  1. I am looking for a 1/144 scale Garfield.
  2. Thank You to Kathie, Jeannine and Carrie for your suggestions and web site links. I bookmarked the book site, Jeannine. I may order it. First I will have to get some Dawn and try that.
  3. Thanks Kathie I found the website in my search but it didn't really address my problem. The doll's face and arms have a sticky film that attracts dirt and dust. Dish liquid doesn't seem to remove it.
  4. CassB

Cass B

Mini Christmas This is the Christmas display I started years ago. It changes some from year to year as I find better things to use. This is the first one I took pictures of several years ago. It has not changed much since then. (But I have some ideas
  5. Does anyone know how to clean a vintage 1950's all vinyl doll? She is all vinyl with jointed arms, sleeping eyes and rooted hair. The vinyl is very sticky to the touch and dirty from being stored, not too well, for may years. The doll is approximately 64 years old. Are there any vinyl experts on this forum? I have had this doll since I was a child and I would like to clean her up somehow and display her. Cass B
  6. I sometimes use a dab of hot glue to tack a piece down until the wood glue dries.
  7. This recipe is from a 1935 copy of "Old Mr Boston Official Bartenders Guide" 1 jigger Brandy or Rum, Add one well beaten egg. 2 Teaspoons Powdered Sugar. Stir thoroughly while pouring in hot milk and grate Nutmeg on top. hope this helps you have a Merry Christmas. (My dad was a bartender among other occupations)
  8. Neither of the links to the stores seems to be working for me. They both open a page for the store but doesn't lead to anywhere to see any of the items for sale.
  9. Kris Compas of 1 Inch Minis has a tutorial on making faux leather from silk. http://1inchminisbykris.blogspot.com/search/label/How%20to%20make%20faux%20leather%20from%20silk
  10. Alice Zinn has designed the "Piano Man" bar http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24639372
  11. I have 3 going right now. I started with the Garfield and got the base and staircase done. Life intervened and had to put it up for awhile. (lack of room to work) So I started on the Greenleaf Travel Trailer. Got as far as sanding and life intervened once again (lost my workroom altogether) so it is put up for awhile. I just got the Brimbles Mercantile and I intend to get this finished before I go back to the others or get any more. (famous last words?)
  12. Try misting the wood with Lysol. I had a mold problem on some bare wood (a wooden basket) and I misted it, let it sit then wiped with a damp cloth and the mold had not come back. The basket sits on a screened in porch in Florida. Then follow up with some Kilz.