• Last visited

0 Neutral

About Potty Maker

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://bmgminiatures.com

Profile Information

• Interests
    Making miniature toilets, Collecting HO Scale vehicles, Playing drums, Intelligent conversation, Taking road trips, Listening to music, Looking at different forms of visual art (including miniatures), and making great coffee!

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Brad

Recent Profile Visitors

1,402 profile views
  1. I did go to the Philadelphia Miniaturia this year. I went last year as well, but last year I only had a prototype toilet. This year I brought the finished and ready to sell version. I can see how you would be disappointed for missing the show this year, but you have next year to look forward to.
  2. I'm going to make both. I will first make a pedestal, drop in, or modern countertop sink and then a farm sink.
  3. Thank you! By the way, I will be making a farm sink for a fellow artisan.
  4. That's cool. You are very creative with finding different objects and materials to make miniature scenes with.
  5. If it's hard to tell the dimensions from the pics, the total height is 2 and 3/8 inches tall, the tank width at the top where it's the widest is 1 and 1/2 inches, and the bowl width is slightly over 1 and 1/8 inches.
  6. Thanks for the info about adding my website as part of my signature, and keeping my email out of my signature. After posting this I will remove my email from my signature. And, thanks for letting me know about my urls not being clickable. I will add the http://. Thanks also, for all of your compliments! I am grateful to be a part of such a helpful and supportive group of people. That's interesting to hear about how some of you guys make your sinks. I'm about to start in on making the sink and tub to go with my toilet, and I was thinking that a pedestal sink would be my only option, since I don't make cabinetry. I had no idea that I would only have to make the sink part until you, KathieB, told me about how you guys will make the cabinet section yourselves. Could I sell a bathroom set that way? With a toilet, tub, and drop-in sink? Or, a toilet, tub, and modern countertop? Do you think that it would be marketable to people, knowing that they will have to come up with the cabinet section? Or, should I go with a pedestal sink? Sable, I like the marble effect. I looks nice! The sink and tub both look great. Are you going to add a shower faucet and curtain to make it a tub/shower? As for the dimensions of my toilets, I have included some pics to show scale and specific dimension.
  7. Wow, thank you! The jury is still out on what specific style of tub I will create. As for the sink, I will be making a pedestal sink, since I have no experience whatsoever making any type of cabinetry. Once the sink and tub are finished I will make sure to post pics of them. If you do want one of my potties for a Christmas gift, that would be awesome! You can order on my website. Initially, I did not have a link to my website, but it should be there now.
  8. I'll try to answer everyone's questions. I do make pottery but not your typical pottery. I make 1 inch scale dollhouse toilets. They are made of stoneware clay. The seat, seat lid, Flush handle, and floor bolt covers are made of resin. There is detail on the underside of the toilet as well. The seat and lid are functional and the flush handle is too. I attended the Philadelphia Miniaturia this year and brought both a white and black toilet with me to show people. I have these toilets for sale on my website, which is bmgminiatures.com. I got into making 1 inch scale toilets when a now friend of mine messaged me about one of my tiny toilets on Youtube. She liked it, and being big into collecting dollhouse items, suggested that I make a dollhouse toilet. So, I did. She has helped my tremendously, by educating me on different facets of the dollhouse world. And, now that I have met quite a few artisans and vendors, I couldn't feel more welcomed by any other group of people. I'm about to embark on the journey of making a sink and tub to go along with this toilet, to have a bathroom set. I'm hoping to have a ready to sell sink and tub by early to mid 2017. I also make a couple of other types of miniature toilets. As far as where my fascination with toilets came from, I'll explain. I have been a visual artist my whole life. I've been drawing and making things out of a variety of materials since around age 5. The world of miniatures has always captivated and inspired me to make various miniature things of my own. From a young age I had a huge interest in model trains, and still do to this day. I also had somewhat of a fascination with toilets. I would have my Dad take the tank lid off of the toilet so that I could watch how everything worked. My toilet fascination has actually grown over the years. What really propelled it forward was when I, after being given some clay to make something out of, decided to try and make a tiny functional toilet. That was while I was in college back in 1997. This first little potty sort of worked, and from that point forward I began improving my design, making it more and more realistic. After making the third or fourth toilet, I designed one that would complete a full flush with the signature gurgle at the end of the flush. From that point forward I just somehow knew how to make these little toilets fully flush, regardless of their size. Studying human sized toilet design definitely helped me. In 2009 I decided to add a water pump to my functional toilet design, thus making it fully functional. At that point it not only flushed like a human sized toilet, but it refilled like one as well. I'm in the development phase of making a new fully functional miniature toilet, which I project will be available for purchase by late 2017. This toilet will be 1/3 scale. By the way, my dollhouse toilets do not actually flush. The third type of miniature toilet that I make is a votive candle toilet. It stands around 5 inches tall, and holds a votive candle in the bowl. There are two different interchangeable lids for the tank; a solid one and one with two holes. You can use the lid with holes at your desk to put pens and pencils in, or in your bathroom to put toothbrushes in. This toilet is also for sale on my website. I felt that Potty Maker was an appropriate moniker due to how heavily steeped I am in mini toilet creation.
  9. Thank you guys for the warm welcome!
  10. Hello everyone, I am now a new member!