1 Neutral

About Angela D.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Angela

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thanks Havanaholly! I will definitely email them immediately! For my full-sized wood projects, I love Tite-bond III Ultimate, but I didn't know if regular Carpenter's wood glue, for some reason, was less desirable than wood glues for miniatures, so I'm glad to see that you use regular wood glue!
  2. Thank you Shannon, I will update! Wow, Samusa, I clicked on your link, and I love your work on The San Franciscan!
  3. Hey, My name is Angela and I am currently re-building the Harrison Dollhouse Kit I received for Christmas when I was 7 years old (circa 1980). My mother and I built most of it together over the next couple of years, then when we realized that we could wire the entire house for lighting, we began the arduous task of removing wallpaper to install the copper tape strips. Around that point I hit puberty, stopped being (outwardly) interested in dollhouses and my mother stored the dollhouse in their garage. Over the years, I would go back to wistfully look at my unfinished dollhouse many times, but never had the time nor space to work on it. Flash forward to last month, when I showed the dollhouse to my 8 year old son, who was immediately smitten! Thank heaven for my mom, who saved the house, and for little boys in 2016, who can appreciate, sometimes, that dolls & Dollhouses are not just for girls! Unfortunately, the sheets that were not completed were accidentally thrown away, so I don't have the rest of the parts to complete building. I'm missing about 18 sheets! Should I try to fabricate the panels myself? I have the pictures of the sheets, but they are not in scale. I have woodworking experience, (although not in miniature) so it might work. Or, should I just re-order a new Harrison Dollhouse kit and add to my old one? I think there are about 30 sheets total, so I would probably using more than half, but I do plan on upgrading windows and doors. I just ordered some X-acto House of miniature furniture kits on ebay, and frankly, I'm more excited about those, than of the house building. What glue and stain would you all recommend?