So many! :)

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Jaime
  • Country
    United States
  1. Welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing your work! Have fun :)
  2. Hiya, JennaLynne ! My partner and I are also really excited about a new dollhouse endeavor together! I've always wanted a dollhouse as a kid, but as the tomboy no one took me serious! LOL 20 years later. Here I am. So, since I couldn't afford a kit, I saved for tools and making an area to work in and then I found the 'Coventry Cottage' for under $20 on CL and went for it. I was going to stain the floors today and am SO GLAD you mentioned the ventilation. Thanks!! I'm going slow on my kit. so.slow. But keep finding awesome freebies online and have gotten two already assembled! One of those is what my guy and I will work on together. The kit is kinda my thing. GL ! Looking forward to seeing your progress!
  3. I giggled at "the zone", havanaholly. It's true. I'm hoping that I too find this zone with the roof! Hi Melissa and welcome! I'm a newb and started with the 'Coventry Cottage', another "easy" kit and have been moving slow and low with it! I am so afraid of messing up *giggles* I 've been lurking a bit myself for a while as well. Hope to see more of your creations!
  4. Hi Amber! I'm a newbie as well. I got a kit a few months ago and have been s.u.p.e.r slow with it. Super. Meanwhile, I'm collecting MORE assembled houses I'm finding online! Truly obsessed! I'm a cake decorator gone miniature world. Looking forward to seeing more of your designs! I thought half the fun was creating ! Add or change on! :)
  5. I'm having a blast already and haven't even started building yet! I've added myself to some groups on FB, along with searching through GreenLeaf here! I won't be doing a lot of sculpting by hand, due to the pain in my hands and wrists. I'm looking forward to shopping for the perfect lil' household things! Maybe one day, I will try to design my own, but for now... I know I have a way to get those super special details!
  6. Hi, Mini Family! I'm new to the dollhouse world and super excited to be here. I've been researching and reading up on dollhouses, Greenleaf in particular, for the past few months and can't wait to get started. I'm recovering from a work injury and am looking forward to some quiet construction time to help get me out of a bit of a funk. I am a florist and baker who LOVES detail and making every little thing perfect. I got into baking in 2006 when I saw some sugar flowers on display at the local craft store. I became hooked on fondant and gum paste work and personalizing cakes the same way I personalize floral arrangements. At this point, as a 10-year florist, I stepped back and focused on sugar arts and decided to move to Portland for culinary school. I graduated with a degree in Pastry Arts Management and worked at a very well-known bakery, specializing in event cakes. We were even featured on Food Network! The photo is an example of detail work I'm obsessed with, lol. Well, I was hurt with a faulty commercial sized mixer at a college campus I was working on and have been battling all that that entails for the last year. Now the detail work that use to make my eyes water with joy, make them water with tears. It causes me great pain. I can't get my fingers to roll or sculpt without going numb/pins & needles and the pain in my wrists is just unbearable. I miss these details in my everyday life. Not everyone "gets it". I feel like you all do! So, it's obvious right now, dollhouses and miniature life is something I will truly enjoy because it will incorporate those extra touches I love. The more I learn, the more I can see this is an art form. I've loved seeing how many different ways the same model can look so different from every builder. I love looking at all the old furniture from the 40's these little homes hold, the families sitting at the dinner table, the hardware on a real desk, or the buffet holding silverware, and fireplaces aglow. To know me is to know me, HA!, and I tend to go big when I get an idea, and I considered a wonderfully priced Westville I found online. *Remember, I've NEVER done this! LOL Further research, I thought, well, maybe the Arthur will do. Then, I laughed and said out loud, "The Orchid. Start smaller." Well. The very next day I found a 'Coventry Cottage' just minutes from me and for only $15 !!! I was all over that! I drove up to a house that looked JUST LIKE 'Arthur', painted light purple with white trim. I smiled and knew it was kismet. I've had it three days and just sit and stare at the box and then look up more info. I'm nervous to get started! That's it for now! I found some Youtube videos that brought me to tears! Just amazing stuff. Thanks for letting me introduce myself and I look forward to showing my dollhouse progression.