Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Peggy Quade
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. pquade

spring fling Peggy

2. It was fantastic that you shared the process with us...from start to finish! Thank you!
  3. I love this picture...the lighting is very nice, shows off the details very nicely!
  4. pquade

Another Front View

I bought a wooden dollhouse someone started...they put actual beveled cedar siding on one side, then stopped....do you use just flat strips of wood for the siding or is each piece beveled?
  5. pquade

greenleaf 6

I started on this a bit late...I think about 1 1/2 - 2 months?
  6. pquade

greenleaf 3

Thank you for all the kind comments! When I first saw the pics of the kit house, I immediately thought either a fishing shanty or an old english pub. I chose the latter (tho I didn't have time to do the sign for outfront so it looks more like just an old english cottage) I googled pics of thatched roofs and found many pictures to go by, including many of the fancy ridge treatment. The whole structure is covered with paperclay and then I carved in the rectangular stone, the cobblestone walkway, the round stone wall infront of the cobblestone, both chimneys, the plasterwork and the thatched roof. It was a lot of work, especially since I have not worked with paperclay for about 10 years now. I will take pictures of the interior today or tomorrow...I had a camping trip this weekend and just didn't have time.
  7. pquade

wooden dollhouse 2

it is hand-made, 1/2" plywood....the center hallway is for staircases...thinking the curved staircases will fit!
  8. pquade

Peggy's Newest Dollhouse

To be played with after my spring fling project is completed!
  9. Does anyone know of a source for cedar beveled siding strips? I recently purchased a dollhouse off of craigs list....It's huge, will post pics soon. It is built of 1/2" plywood, three levels, big rooms (only 6 rooms but may put in a divider in one, not sure) with a central hall for the staircases (will put in two curved staircases). The builder put beautiful beveled cedar siding on one end of the house. I know many years ago, I was able to get this but can't seem to find it now. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks! Peggy
  10. Can someone steer me toward a source for miniature mirrors...either beveled or flat...I need one about 2-3" tall x 4-5" long. Thanks!
  11. I got my kits today! Wow, that was fast Greenleaf! I have it all taped together, including just a bit of the bashing I am going to do on the front center...now I'm just sitting back, looking at the taped together structure to see if what I have in my head and on paper will work with the structure...and of course, the structure needs to let me know if what I want to do with it, is ok. I am thinking yes but do have to make sure
  12. pquade

Back view

Wow, I never thought of completely decorating a dollhouse floor by floor...what an awesome idea! Surely does make sense! I may try that when I kit-bash two Pierce's together this summer! Do you decorate the ceiling of the first floor before you put that in place?
  13. Just ordered my kits today...a bit late, I know but I am a newbie here and just got the funds yesterday to do this! I am very excited and already have a sketch of what I want to do...looking forward to seeing what our imaginations come up with on this!
  14. getting back into miniatures and not sure of sources. Thanks! Peggy
  15. Hi everyone! I have been away from dollhouse making for a few years now. I am thinking of doing a bash of two Pierce's as my first project. I started such a project years ago and had to stop due to space and time constraints. I am interested in hearing what people's favorite way of wiring a dollhouse is...the flat tape or the round wire and why? Also, in either case, do you do anything to make your wiring accessible after floor and wall coverings go up, in case there is a problem? I remember someone saying they made templates of the floors and walls that had wiring and used poster board to decorate and put down rather than apply the flooring/wallpaper right over the electrical. What are your thoughts? Oh, one last question..for those of you who use paper clay....do you put that right over your wiring as well? Thanks! Peggy