• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    JennaLynne
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

471 profile views
  1. Thanks everyone! I may have to take that advice and dry fit everything else. We did the base and part of the first floor that's glued together but haven't done much else because I've been working. I'll post some pictures hopefully this upcoming weekend when we get to work on it some more. My husband works days and I work nights so finding time to sit down together and work on it has been a little difficult. It may take us quite some time to build this!
  2. Thanks! I'll check them out next time I get down that way.
  3. Thank you for the tips! We stained the staircase because I'd read somewhere it would be too hard to stain or paint once it was in the house, but we really don't like decorating yet because we haven't figured out what we want to do.
  4. What store is this in San Antonio? I take trips there once in awhile and would love to go to a dollhouse or mini store!
  5. This is awesome. If you make more tutorial pictures like this you should link them all together somewhere so we can find them!
  6. Haha. Actually a ski chalet and log home mini could be fun! I could picture that!
  7. Well that's kind of together! It's cool you guys can build together anyway! My husband and I have had several talks about how we'll handle issues as they arise, set ground rules, and have prayed together before starting that we can get along lol. The first night he had a little trouble sharing. But I pointed that out to him and he did much better tonight. I don't understand the directions well enough to delegate so I'm fine if he has that job! Thanks for the welcome! Are you new to building or just new to the forum?
  8. Hello everyone! About 6 months ago my husband and I decided we wanted to work on a hobby together. We'd built a dog house (mostly he did) and we had fun and were sad when it was over. After much deliberation (we have VERY different tastes) we both agreed on, and we're excited about, a dollhouse! For the past 6 months or so I've been doing some research and having fun putting stuff on pinterest but couldnt afford the actual kit and just kept thinking "someday." Well, my mom ordered us one for Christmas! It's the Beacon Hill and I'm so excited. We took the rest of our Christmas money and bought supplies and a folding banquet table to work on. I'll attach pictures of what we have so far. It's soooo much more intense then I ever imagined, the schematics and instructions feel like they're in another language. I learned today to make sure to work in a well ventilated area while staining wood, as I'm feeling slightly ill now lol. Live and learn. Anyway, I'm so grateful for this forum, it's been VERY helpful. I haven't quite figured out my way around it. I'm still trying to figure out how to view member galleries. But when I do find stuff it been awesome.. you all are awesome. I've also been reading the beacon hill thread but it looks like it's been several months since anyone has posted there. Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for all the wonderful help that you who go before us newbies post online! P.S. nevermind, I can't add the pictures because I can't figure out how to make them small enough! I'm on my cell phone.