1 Neutral

About Bluebird15

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Lynn

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I really really love the idea of scoring the floor and then staining it to look like floor boards. If my other daughter is interested in that look, I think we'll try it for her house, which we're building after we're done the first one. But in the meantime, I already primed the first floor so it's too late this time. I think I'll try the popsicle stick idea for this time. :-) My husband has been renovating our house for years now. We always have drywall compound on hand. :-) So that would be a handy choice for me! Are there advantages of using spackle over drywall compound? And I am in total awe of everyone's photos! You all do such beautiful work!!!!! :-)
  2. Wow, thank you for all the replies! I'll try to answer all your questions here... 1. For the gaps in the joints, I think the instructions say to use wood filler? So that's what I was planning on using. I've never done anything like this before, so I was just planning on going to Home Depot and saying, I need wood filler please! LOL 2. My daughter is 11 years old. The house will be furnished with Playmobil actually. Not your typical miniature dollhouse furniture. :-) But she already has all the furniture, just not a big enough house to put it in. :-) Hopefully no one here finds that offensive! LOL 3. For the floors, we were going to use peel and stick tile which we have extra of already from real house renos, cut to size for the kitchen and bathroom. It's plain whitish/greyish, no big pattern or anything that will look weird. I think it'll be ok. She wants carpet in the bedrooms so we were going to see if we could find something like a remnant with a very short nap to do the trick. And for the living room, we were thinking of trying to make a "hardwood" floor with popsicle sticks, stained. We are trying to do this so it's beautiful looking, but without spending a small fortune. :-)
  3. So 2 of our daughters received The Willow dollhouse kit from Santa for Christmas. I'm having so much fun so far "building" it! No actual building yet. I've sanded and started priming. So I had a conversation today with DD3 (we're making her house first) about the finishes she wants inside. She doesn't want to do wallpaper. She just wants to paint the walls. But question is.... what colour to paint? I'm wondering if I should just paint all the interior walls the same colour, something neutral, like a pale yellow or grey, or something I don't know.... Or white? I've been looking around, but everyone seems to paper! Any suggestions?
  4. Hi! I am new here! I'm also new to the world of building dollhouses! I'm the mother to 4 wonderful children! My children are absolutely obsessed with Playmobil! Years ago, we bought our oldest daughter the Playmobil mansion, completely furnished. It was a store model so we got a good deal on it. It was a HUGE hit with our 3 daughters! We later bought smaller houses for our other 2 daughters, but they've always wanted mansions themselves. Finally, I began the hunt for some second hand mansions this Summer. But I was shocked at how much people were asking for these dollhouses! Then I stumbled across some websites for miniature dollhouses and I was intrigued. The scale isn't quite right for Playmobil, but we've purchased the full scale so although the doors and windows and stuff like that will be too high, area-wise, it's comparable to the Playmobil mansion. We went and purchased 2 Willow dollhouse kits for our other 2 daughters for Christmas. Well, Santa did actually. ;-) And we also figured it would be a fun project to build together. My husband is very handy and can build anything. :-) I'm very crafty and like to make all kinds of stuff. All 4 of our kids are very creative and love to build and create. So yep, this will be a fun family adventure!!!! We are building 1 at a time so hopefully the second one will go faster than the first and we will have learned so much from the first as well. So I look forward to meeting others as we dive headlong into this new world! :-) I can't wait to post pictures!!!!!