Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience One
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Please Select
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Laurie
  • Country United States
  1. Best Mother's day present ever!

That is awesome! So happy for them and you!
  2. Your dream house

I had to look up Zathura, since I'm not familiar with the movie. Neat house. Love the craftsman style.
  3. I’m looking for wallpaper. Any advice?

I bought this paper for my orchid but changed my mind. It might work for you. The price is right! If the link doesn't work, go to the Hobby Lobby website, navigate to scrapbook papers and put Eloise Floral in the search. https://www.hobbylobby.com/Scrapbook-Paper-Crafts/Paper-Cardstock/Printed-Paper-Single-Sheets/Eloise-Floral-Scrapbook-Paper---8-1-2-x-11/p/114175
  4. Your dream house

what a neat idea!
  5. Westville Dollhouse.jpg

I have this kit in my stash and couldn't picture it in any color other than white. I really like the colors you used and love the french doors. Great job!
  6. Your dream house

I hope you do make it, or it could be a shop in Diagon Alley.
  7. Your dream house

Just thought of another one. Hogwarts-with moveable staircases! You could even do just a room box with the common room.
  8. Your dream house

Oh my! The pool house is incredible! Holly, i agree with you about Lothlorien. Such creative, and different ideas!That's what makes this so much fun. We can live out our fantasies on a much smaller, and more affordable scale.
  9. Your dream house

I'm sure this has been done before, but if you could translate any full size house into miniature what would you choose? Doesn't have to be a real house, could be from a movie/tv/novel etc. I would choose the house in the last scene of North by Northwest. Love the cantilevered-ness of it! Or Falling Water (same reasons!)
  10. Hi Holly,

I'm getting ready to stain my shingles and this sounds like a fantastic idea. I have two questions, though. First of all, do you need to rinse or wipe the shingles once you remove them? Also, what kind of stain do you use? The only small cans of stain I can find are oil based, is it ok to use that? I've been experimenting all morning with mixing latex paint with water and can't seem to get the right consistency. Is there a magic formula?

Thanks!

Laurie (Nolephan)

What she said.  To stain loose shingles in batches, invest in two of the disposable heavy aluminum foil roasting pans and a large-ish nail with which to poke holes all over the bottom of ONE of the pans.  Spread out some old newspapers.  Scatter your shingles over the bottom of the pan with the holes in its bottom, and set that pan into the one you left intact and pour in your mixed stain (you always want to stir & mix your stain really well before using it).  Gently swish the shingles around in the stain, give them a stir with a paint-stirring stick or piece of scrap wood,, Carefully lift the panful of shingles straight up out of the intact pan, letting all the stain drain out of the pan with the holes.  When no more stain drips out, dump the shingles onto the newspapers, using the stick to spread them out to dry so they don't stick together.  Pour the stain back into its can and if you need to, you're ready to go again until all your shingles are stained.

11. Lost trying to build orchid

Hi, Orchid was my first kit too. I survived, you can too! This blog helped a lot. http://moreminis.blogspot.com You have to have a facebook acct. to be able to view the builds, but it was very helpful. Also, I downloaded an enhanced instruction sheet from this site. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=downloads&module=downloads&controller=browse Look for orchid instructions by miniman   Bonne chance!
  12. So how is the weather where you're at ?

Don't anybody shoot me, but I'm trying hard not to turn on the AC! It's 78 here in NC. Watching the Olympics to try and stay cool!
  13. Inglenook room box

love it! I want an inglenook (in my real house)
  14. Orchids Bay Window

Tamara, You can look at the pics in my album if that will help. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=7899
  15. Which Dremel?

good thought, this is the kind of thing I need to know. My sister has a corded and she said it doesn't really get in the way, or cause problems.