Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience One
  • Dollhouse Preference I like them both
  • Online Community Building Projects Please Select
  • Digital Camera Yes
  • Real Name Laurie
  • Country United States
  1. IMG_3600.JPG

Love this! So well done-the cowboy boots are great!
  2. The window is done, and is in the door :)

your window is gorgeous! great work!
  3. Working on the stained glass for the front door

oh, please do! I've been wanting to do this!
  4. Painting the exterior

Wow, thanks for all the great advice. Will check w/ DH to see if he has any drywall compound. I do have gesso, so I may go that route. Thanks again!    
  5. Painting the exterior

HI All, So, I've learned my lesson about "following" topics that I might need later! A few months ago, there was a thread going about painting the exterior of a house. The originator didn't want to put up siding, but didn't like the "rough" look of just painting the plywood exterior. Someone suggested prepping the exterior walls with something (?) that would help to smooth out the surface. Does this ring any bells?
  6. Shingles and interior walls questions

great, thanks!
  7. Who occupies your houses?

In January, I was talking to my mom about how I'd always wanted to build a boarding house. You could then have different tenants with different themed rooms. I wanted four tenants to begin with, plus the war(WW2) widow and her little boy who own the house. I knew I wanted a traveling salesman, an artist and a (messy) college student. My mom suggested a cat lady for the fourth. One night, when I couldn't sleep. (coffee before bed, BAD). It all fell into place. Miss Beesly is the artist. Mr. Halpert is the traveling salesman who is secretly in love with Miss Beesly. The college student is Andy (but he goes to FSU) and the cat lady is, of course, Angela. BTW, her cats are Oscar, Kevin and Dwight. The widow lady is Holly and her little boy is Michael.
  8. Shingles and interior walls questions

Mike, So when you do this, you use the paint you're going to feature and not primer? I think I'm going to try this on the exterior of my house, since I won't be doing siding.
  9. IMG-20170323-191714017-HDR.jpg

Well, I guess great minds think alike! I'll look forward to seeing how you use the paper.
  10. IMG-20170330-151940765.jpg

From the album Let the bashing begin

recut the stair opening. Don't like the floor. You can see where I patched the original stair opening. Might be a good place for a rug!
  11. IMG-20170330-151019766-HDR.jpg

12. IMG-20170330-115752913-HDR.jpg

Closet at back of stairs
  13. IMG-20170323-191714017-HDR.jpg

Where the staircase will now sit.
  14. IMG-20170309-112204831-HDR.jpg

Building the staircase backwards. Yee Haw!
  15. rsz-img-4482.jpg

Love the colors in this. I saw this paper today at Hobby Lobby and wasn't sure if it would work scale-wise. It looks great!