• Last visited

2 Neutral

About dirtmidget33

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Three
  • Real Name
    Wally
  1. Thanks everyone for the advice. Still haven't decide on exact method I will use yet but I might have a new way to pin Greenleaf doors. Currently mocking it up if it works ok will do it to house and post tutorial on how to do it.
  2. Does anyone have a good method for pinning Greenleaf plywood doors. I want to use pins on house do to kids using it. Doll house hinges while for most part are scale don't hold up to being played with and over time any flexible hinge will wear out. Debating if I want to try come up with good way to pin the plywood or make new doors.
  3. Thank you for the welcome. Also going threw links you gave me thanks for including them. I found a work about way to shrink image size down. It was on phone and sent them back and forth as txt to reduce size to post from phone. This is the progress on the two floors. Current plans are to do outside of house with stone and stucco on bays. Thinking of using Andi stone and brick. Will prolly modify the stairs opening them up more above bookcase and use actual balisters and newel post instead of the plywood. The doors i haven't exactly decided what to do. Since I know she is gonna open and close doors would like to have pinned doors. Thought about remaking doors and door frames to make it easier to pin them. Still up in air on that.
  4. Hello, just recently purchased the Glencroft for my daughter at Xmas. We just started the building process on it. Which means sanding and more sanding followed by more sanding. Floors have been stained and currently being coated with polycrylic have 5 coats on it so far. Tried to post pics of floor but my files are to big for what it allows. I was looking for some info on different technics and info on stucco and discovered the greenleaf forum. Years ago the internet didn't exist on our first builds. So glad to see greenleaf has these now. Looking to correct mistakes or issues on the past house that I really didn't care for on this build. In the past have built the Pierce house along with my mom years ago, that is her house. Have also built a general store and a gazebo that we use at xmas. The Gazebo has a little band of soldiers that ring bells playing Xmas music.