11 Good

About Dolly Llama

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Melissa

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Orchid - first dollhouse
  2. SquintBox. I subscribed not long after they started about a year and a half ago, and have gotten some wonderful things. It's a fun surprise every month too. https://squintbox.cratejoy.com/
  3. Just want to say thank you for this tutorial! It was very timely for me, as I am just starting the landscaping around my house. I successfully made a few different types of tiny flowers over the weekend. I found an inexpensive punch at Hobby Lobby that makes the cutest little daisies.
  4. I am building my first doll house (the very popular Orchid) and have nearly finished with the outside and am getting ready to start decorating inside. I'm making my own floors with craft sticks and am going for a white-washed look. (Style of the interior is shabby-chic.) I've made the template for the living room floor and I like the way my paint job turned out, but I need to put some wax on to help fill the little gaps between the 'planks' and I don't know what kind to use. Any recommendations? I don't want something that is going to yellow, but will fill gaps and keep white-washed color. I'm also thinking about making tile floors for the kitchen and bath. What should I use for grout and what is the best way to apply it in those teeny tiny spaces between the teeny tiny tiles?
  5. I started building my first doll house a couple months ago and have been lurking on the forums here, getting all sorts of good advice, so I decided I should introduce myself and say thank you. You all have no idea how much of a help you have been! I live in Ohio and have always loved tiny things and doll houses. Never had a "real" doll house as a child, so at the ripe age of 54 I decided to build one for myself. I was afraid to start with a big house and expensive kit since I didn't know what I was doing, so I bought an Orchid kit, thinking if I was able to get it put together and liked doing it, I would buy a bigger, more expensive kit for the house I really want. Not only have I been able to do it, I've enjoyed planning and working on it so much that I've already bought the kit for my Pierce! I work full time so my time for building is pretty limited and I've moved slow. As of last night, the outside shell of my Orchid is finished except for shingling the roof, which I'm not looking forward to. I'm really looking forward to getting to work on the inside -- all of the rooms are papered and I've put up a few little pieces of trim, but I have floors to make and am going to try to do some of the furniture myself with scrap wood left from the kit. Wish I knew some other people who were into this hobby, but I'm so glad I found these forums and have gotten links to other great sites and blogs. Everyone is so generous with their knowledge and ideas and it is much appreciated!