Littlebirdieb

Silver Member
  • Last visited

14 Good

About Littlebirdieb

Profile Information

• Interests
    beginner little builder, flea market hunting and junking, home decorating, event planning and decorating, embroidery/applique, home and furniture renovations, former scrapbooker with an ongoing obsession for paper,creative learning approaches for preschoolers, and an audio book addiction that controls my life. To be continued...

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Amber
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

624 profile views
  1. What about resin water with very small faux pearls as the bubbles? May be challenging to find them without holes but you may try searching faux pearl filler decor and find some without. Or if you are feeling extra patient you could arrange them without the holes being visible. Or even search for iridescent filler decor. https://www.etsy.com/listing/245431935/ivory-loose-bulk-pearl-balls-no-holes3-4?&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_e-craft_supplies_and_tools-beads_gems_and_cabochons-beads&utm_custom1=b2a8c09a-cfa7-408c-90a7-d347400b272a&gclid=CJbdheP3idQCFUM8gQodhIcFSA Hope I didn't break a rule by posting link?
  2. Love these! Don't think I could choose a favorite. Did you get the animals from the Dollar Tree?
  3. I recently checked out a decorating book from our local library called Decorating With Books. I don't know the author but you may find it by searching with the title. I thought it may be useful for making copies for images that could be used in your box. I love books and I love decorating with books too. I also really love the idea for your room box!
  4. I don't have this tool but I did notice that there is a very similar knife listed on the site with slightly better reviews. It is also $12.99 4.7 / 5 ☆ https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MSWKPKF?psc=1
  5. I got the vintage Tennyson for $55. It is lower than the asking price and $5 more than what I was hoping to cap. I emailed stating that I had checked EBay and had asked for feedback from all of you. I also told the seller that my intent was not to try and lowball but with my travel time and expense I felt it was what I could afford. The seller countered with $55. I didn't think twice. I pick it up tomorrow. I'm super excited because my current project is modeled after our actual house that is under renovation. The choices for it take me forever because I am constantly thinking about how authentic I hope that it will be when it is finished. I think this house will be much more of a childhood fantasy dollhouse. I'm already debating paint choices. Thanks everyone!
  6. I am actually hoping to buy it. Your cost does help me so thanks for replying. My costs are a lot less picking it up than what you paid in shipping. Even at the high-end of what I can offer I would be close (less shipping) to what you paid. I'll let you know if I get it.
  7. I can't argue with that. I've disregarded the value vs price many times when I've found the perfect item to fit what I have created in my imagination. I think in this instance, I am coming from how much I am willing to offer based on knowledge that I am a newbie and have not completed my first house. So how much is a realistic price for an item that will not be used for a while? This I know is really more of a personal question. In addition, I would feel guilty if I was really lowballing the price but I do not believe that is the case. Offering $35 with expectation of paying $40 because I do think that it is worth more than $35. So maybe I would like some feedback on a fair price that does not seem insulting the seller. Does that make sense?
  8. Hello everyone! I'm hoping you all can help me determine a fair offer on a vintage Tennyson Kit 99. It is the 1/12 scale and there is a listing on EBay for the exact model for $49.95. Considering the distance I would need to drive to pick it up, and the estimated value using the EBay listing as a guide, I was thinking about offering $35-40 with a cap of $45. (maybe $50?) Is this a reasonable offer? Does anyone have experience with the vintage Tennyson kit? ( not the current laser cut) Thanks!
  9. Sorry for your troubles but thanks for the reassurance that I am not alone. I think you actually described my entire existence.
  10. I know that I have already read and liked this post but I think re-reading just now made me stop and think about what you were using. Photography mount board is what you were referring to correct? I was about to ask where you got a cutter but I believe I may already have one in some old small picture framing tools that belonged to my husbands grandfather. It is a small silver mouse shaped tool that has a little weight to it? I'd take a pic but I don't have it at this house. The mount board would have texture for bricks or could be made to have texture. If your cutter is different than what I described please let me know. I ordered bricks off of eBay after this original post and after spending over a week hopefully checking the mail each day, I received a notice from seller that they were either "damaged or not enough of the quantity selected at point of sale." My money was refunded by I was still disappointed. I've received news that I need an operation on my shoulder and I have moved within the past month so my mini house has been on the back burner. I have kept the brick ideas rolling around in my mind during my many recent trips to home improvement stores. Sorry I didn't clearly process the first time. Thanks again!
  11. Thank you for sharing this site. I have been wanting to order a subscription to American Miniaturist and the paper version was more than I could commit to after just getting started with my house. The site has monthly success for $4.99. I would really rather hold the actual magazine in my hands but this will work for now. Thanks again.
  12. There are two different types of grout depending on the size of spacing between the tiles. For smaller spaces non-sanded grout is what is used for tiling. This keeps the grout between the spaces without the sand taking up too much space.I learned this at our hometown hardware store this week! If I can find a brick mold I'm going to attempt to color the Plaster of Paris and make my own. I might just sell them too. I haven't had luck finding a mold but I've not checked any bakery supply stores which is where I think I might find them.
  13. What are you using to cut the sandpaper? I had considered sandpaper but knew it would destroy my scissors. I got a new saw and I bet that would work!