Qubanqtee

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Qubanqtee

1. I love that roof! I also hope you had a great nap! Sometimes these things are so draining!
  2. after reading the listing again, I think the house being offered is the unpainted one - ugh. I don't like it when unpainted houses aren't kept up
  3. We will miss you and your talent and willingness to share and teach..I am so sorry you are battling this evilness. Prayers for comfort and peace...please visit us-your sense of humor never fails.
  4. that another house on my dream list but the price seems a little out of whack for what needs to be done to it. The ad implies its at the arboretum but clearly it's in Stockton and the two are no where near each other....The flooring seems to be buckled and it appears that paint and refreshing is just the beginning. Maybe I expect too much.
  5. I already knew from your IG post but I didn't know specifics - Sam, how utterly beautiful and heart wrenching that he came to you - he went to pass with you holding him. I know that you are shattered, but in time, your time, how beautiful a memory you'll have of Wrigley with you. I'm pretty sure you were his favorite too. Many hugs to you and the hubs, and Wrigley's other roommates.
  6. oh I'm of no use with the stonework, but I do love the direction you're going in with this!
  7. wooohooo! its virtually un-noticable! And I thin you're working on your Queen Anne! That's the very same dilemma I'll have so I'm glad this worked!!!! Congrats! what a great feeling of accomplishment!
  8. Congratulations! You will always have an amazing connection to your Dad with the house....what a great feeling of joy!
  9. I have been blessed to be able to acquire some of these....quite the little dream collection. Thinking of you Sam, hugs across the big lake between us.
  10. wooohoooo! At least you have a place to wander and inspire and share!
  11. If I don't hear from you I'll know you've succumbed lol
  12. I got to the 3rd episode and then thought - why am I watching this? I found it really disturbing and since I already saw the house I stopped lol. I'm not one to be squiermish but this one bothered me. But the house is super cool!
  13. watched the first three episodes today....what a weird story! But the house is amazing!
  14. well seeing everyones suggestions is certainly inspiring...I know I'm going to run into this dilemma so I'm anxious to see how this turns out for you.
  15. Hi! Welcome to the Forum.....you're really making a quick go at the rehab of your "random" house!
  16. Welcome! I have this house in 1:12 scale and I have the Queen Anne as well....mine is in shell form. It'll be exciting to see pictures when you have them posted!
  17. Qubanqtee

Lamp Instructions

thank you so much for posting this! I can't believe it's just that easy!!! Even I could do this hahahaha.
  18. ok, so lets see if I can explain this to make sense....so what if you attached 1/3 of them to end on the cut and still overlap the row of shingles and add the piece that would normally be still attached to the the roof above the cut line? sorry the pic is so horrible - but basically cut the shingle in half or third and place the "top" piece above the cut line - this way the pattern would continue with minimal disruption....hope that helps
  19. thank you Emily for finding that link! Between you and @rodentraiser I've been blessed to pick up some amazing houses to rehab and donate for auction.
  20. Qubanqtee

Lamp on table

oh thank you so much! I don't know why I am so intimidated by making lamps! I look forward to seeing the box directions too - much appreciated!
  21. fishy or not I'd give that a shot for the price - I just wouldn't go alone lol
  22. I made an offer and she accepted.....hoping to pick up Wednesday since she's out for the holiday weekend....super happy to rehab this beauty!