Qubanqtee

Platinum Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by Qubanqtee

1. Someone’s fingers are not familiar with correct decimal placement for that rare beauty made in China with its 2 billion identical twin pieces lol
  2. I used Weld Bond on mine, it seems to not buckle, once the row is done I take a paint stick or a piece of siding and lay it on top and tape it down if I think it's too wonky...but I haven't had to really do that. Hope that helps
  3. thats a great idea, for the house I did in particular that wouldn't of worked, but it could certainly work for the one Im about to do!!!
  4. oh I so know how you feel! we moved in late February/March to Texas and I am still sorting through boxes finding things or wondering where a few things are lol. Congratulations and I hope that it goes quickly to unpack!
  5. YES!!!! and if you place masking tape (blue painters tape)onto a cardboard piece with the sticky side up the shingles will stick and not "fly away" during spray....I actually did that on my san franciscan! wooohooo teamwork!
  6. I painted mine with spray paint, now I realize you cant do this in your apartment but if you had a small patch of area outside near the trash bin you could probably get away with - I sprayed mine with grey and then textured the with stone spray...you can see this in my San Franciscan album. But for sure what Kathie B said about painting your roof the same color first. Those bare spots are super bright lol.
  7. Holly, Im fairly certain that @peonyfoxburris well versed on how to handle their weather emergencies as it's not her first rodeo. She was simply making a reference how us "southerners" maybe be yawning. Maybe we should all take a step back and not make things larger than they were presented. @peonyfoxburrI am a new southerner but am absolutely mesmerized by how these storms present themselves and sometimes how quickly they form. I would be utterly depressed if I was scheduled to pick up a Queen Anne as well! Actually Id be scrambling to try and get it early hahahahaha. Hope you can rearrange pick up of the QA easily and quickly.
  8. That part is totally up to you … all depending on what you’ll be doing to update the house!
  9. Hey Diane - Ive had a similar situation, I have a Visailian that was/is wired and I decided to scrap all the wiring and start over again. What Carrie said is great advice, Carl has great information and products and also there's tons of You Tube videos on doing your wiring. Ive been afraid in the past so I planned out each room with lighting possibilities and I decided its better to over wire than under wire if you know what I mean lol. This way if you change your mind you have options and aren't limited. Carries suggestion of a ceiling light is the best way to start tho, this way you get a feel for it and you can do more and youre more comfortable. Keep us posted and let us know how it goes!
  10. @Kells out of sheer curiosity how tall is the door opening on this one? I want to switch out the door and am wondering if what I have in mind will fit.
  11. thats awesome! thank you for posting these as I mentioned Ive never seen photo online of any of these and now here's a few!!!! Mine is still to be assembled but having these pictures is a great reference for planning!
  12. wow, I never saw the thread and posted and searched for a long time trying to find an image. I have the house in a kit-well in a bag really-to assemble that I bought from someone and there was only instructions. Im so glad I found this picture!
  13. LET in the Light!!!!! You can never have too many windows on hand! Nice stash for the price!
  14. Nice to hear from you Kelly! You have quite the menagerie to keep you company! Hope you can make it back soon!
  15. what? I would've absolutely then offered her $12.50 lol
  16. That's what I thought had happened with Melissa and Doug. I never knew there was another company Jacq, I thought it might be spam which is why I was cautioning opening the link...just seemed cryptic. You're such a wealth of information and a talented internet sleuth lol.
  17. Ah Thank you Emily for the clarification!! Does anyone know what happened to the North American House that Jack Built? I saw an actual signature from one of his models the other day but can find nothing on what happened
  18. I am not entirely sure that this is legitimate...it was the house the JACK built... not jacq - please be careful
  19. I am a huge fan of white houses as well .... the windows are spectacular BUT I do believe this house and those windows should break up. Cant wait to see a transformation
  20. I clicked and was thinking I’d gone to the wrong link lol