About Hooknink

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Molly

Recent Profile Visitors

869 profile views
  1. Hi all, I got a dollhouse for free. It is Architect brand 3 story 8 rooms 3 dormers. I got it already put together and thats all. It has been sitting around unfinished for 17 years. The wood is extremely dry. I'd like to know what to use to rehydrate the wood. I haven't decided on how to finish the outside yet. Thanks
  2. I'm going to try using colored duct tape to make a design on a regular floor tile. Thanks Holly!
  3. I found the Architect's Choice (design 5 already built) dollhouse for free on Craigslist and couldn't resist so I went and picked it up. I want to do a '40s style farmhouse look so have been looking for instructions on how to make the geometric '40s linoleum for the kitchen. Does anyone have any advice or thoughts about doing this?
  4. Happy New Year! I hope things ease up on you this year and more blessings come your way. =~)
  5. Hello from finally frozen central Illinois!
  6. Hi again, I was wondering if anyone subscribes/d to any miniatures/dollhouse hardcopy, mail person delivered magazines. I'm looking for which you think are good, bad, worth the money or not. I found dollhouse miniatures, scenes, etc. but I'm not interested in auto renewal. The 3 I saw have that and I believe are published by the same people. Thanks
  7. I've been considering the same thing. I've been holding on to candle jars, those small, square, clear glass planters (can get at Dollar stores), and also tins with lids. Like Altoids tins only bigger. Mine have had cookies in them but are small, like 6x4.
  8. I'm curious about what the architectural name for the Garfield is. When was that style first built and/or popular? I've tried to look it up but get all some kind of Nathaniel Hawthorne (good book) confusing the whole thing. Any thought appreciated.
  9. I found a video on how to make jointed clothespin dolls. It got me to thinking of polymer clay moulded how you want on head and arms. At least maybe for a beginner this may be a good way to start since it gives a base to work with. Just remember I get told a lot I do things the hard way. Lol
  10. How do you find prices for Heidi Ott? Or do you buy them from someone else? I like them as well.
  11. I don't feel artistic enough to try doll faces in polymer clay. I think if I were comfortable with working with it I would try.
  12. I have seen the Nanny, I love it. Haven't seen the cook, she's perfect. Thanks for sharing.
  13. Who likes to have dolls for their dollhouses, thoughts and opinions? Where is a good place to look for reasonable priced posable 1:12 scale?
  14. That sounds so cool. I like thinking I won't really "mess up" the fabric and if I want to frame it later I can.
  15. Couldn't agree more. It's especially great for us newbies. I do appreciate the help and various methods things can be done.Thanks everyone!