• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    John
  • Country
    Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

265 profile views
  1. Thank you for the link to the blog. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that anyone has a copy readily available in English. I will however leave the French copy I have here for people to use if they can
  2. Well as nerdy as it may sound I am also very interested in Steampunk clothing and cosplay. I was on Amazon looking for a Steampunk pocket watch and one of the Dollhouse kits came up and I thought that would be something interesting to try. I am a little concerned about the sizes of these as my existing radio collection takes up a wall already and can be a slight bone of contention with my wife.
  3. BTW Holly My wife and I travel to a different State each year and we have visited pretty much all of them east of the Mississippi and Alabama has been our favorite thus far. We stayed just south of Birmingham and visited most areas in the northern half of the state. Great people and beautiful country!
  4. Holly I do have some woodworking background but to start with I will try out a kit. I would not be adverse to trying to design and build from scratch in the future though. I completely restore the radios chassis (inards) as well as doing the cabinet works as well. NOS (new old stock) tubes are still readily available. I have linked to some examples of a few of my radios and aquariums below; my files sizes are too big to directly embed them sample 1 Radio 2 Radio 2 Aquarium 1 Aquarium 2
  5. I have recently purchased my first doll house used and it is a Presidents Choice brand. After a little bit of researching it appears to be a rebrand of the Tennyson house. I did receive instructions with it BUT they are in French (Canada is bilingual but I am not!) If anyone is interested in the French version I could scan them and send them on. Does anyone have a copy of the ENGLISH instructions for this model? If so, I would greatly appreciate having them emailed on to me.
  6. Hello Everyone I am new to the doll house hobby and am eager to learn more about it. My other hobbies that I have become quite proficient at are antique 1930's tube radio restoration and aquariums specializing in aquatic plants and mosses.