• Last visited

0 Neutral

About ada8919

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    One
  • Real Name
    Ada
  1. Thanks Guys, Everyone has been so helpful . I want to get color ideas, is there an orchid gallery or a place where i can see what others have done with their houses? My daughter bought me a Melissa and Doug living room set. It's very beautiful but the scale is1:12 not 1:1 like the orchid. Will these fit in my house once done? I want to get the other Melissa and Doug sets but not if they won't fit my house.
  2. Hmm I've gone through the instructions several times and am waiting for some supplies. I think I have to sand the windows first , then paint them and finally , once dry, put the plastic windows on. I've looked on YouTube and found some videos but most show the finished product. I wonder if there is a first steps video that shows how to "r&p" a piece of wood? Oh well , tomorrow , I go to Walmart for the rest of my supplies. Thanks Ada
  3. Jbresr, thanks for the advice but what should I use instead?
  4. Hello, I'm new to the doll house community but am very excited to join. My daughter gave me the Orchid doll house for Christmas. I have been eying it everyday since the wondering when I would have time to start. Well... the time is now. I got laid off from work and have decided to taken on this wonderful project. I plan to work on my doll house during the times that I'm not looking for work. I live in Oshkosh, WI with my oldest daughter and her huge German Shepherd , Lobo. I am at the pre- stage of building my house. I opened the box and read the warm up sheet. I about to head out to the hobby shop to get a glue gun and all the other supplies needed. I am setting up my work area in an unused room. I just can't tell you how pumped up I am to begin my project. I'm off to the hobby shop . I will keep you updated.