Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Devon Fox-Dunham
  • Country
    United States
  1. I'm from the Charleston area! There are really no miniature or hobby stores nearby other than Hobby Lobby in Beckley so I've been having to order most of my supplies which is really annoying! Lol.
  2. Thanks Lisa! I'm so nervous about messing it up! Hopefully it will turn out ok! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures! The Pierce is such a beautiful dollhouse! I've been having a lot of fun decorating it in my mind! Lol!
  3. Do you think that poster board would work or should I use cardboard? And should I just use regular tanks glue to adhere the template to the wall of the dollhouse?
  4. Thank you both so much for the advice! It is VERY much appreciated. I really like the idea of making templates....especially since it's difficult to get to the back walls of the master bedroom in the Pierce. I got Mod Podge bc I had read several posts which suggested using that but I wasn't 100% sure about it so I also got some Minigraphics wallpaper mucilge too....would u recommend using that instead of the Mod Podge? I need some that won't grab immediately bc I have a feeling I'm going to need to move the paper around a bit. Also, should I Prime the floors of the dollhouse b4 applying the wood floors? I just bought the Hobby Lobby Mulberry pre-made wood flooring and was planning to stain/seal it prior to laying it but maybe it should be done after it's inside the house? And when it comes to cutting the woodwork and flooring, do you guys recommend using a miter box or an Easy cutter? I really appreciate the helpful advice, this dollhouse rehab has really been stressing me out! Lol
  5. Hi there! I am new to the dollhouse world but I've always loved miniature things. When I was six years old my grandparents gifted me the Pierce House for Christmas. I was never really into dolls much and liked to play outside most of the time so I really never played a whole lot with the dollhouse and it ended up gracing my parent's attic for the last 20 + years (I'm 33 yrs old now) and fell into disrepair. My grandparents (whom I was extremely close with) past away a few years ago and now I have decided to take on the daunting task of rehabbing my dollhouse. It's in pretty bad shape (at least it looks to me like it is)......it basically had to be gutted and thanks to a destructive younger cousin it needs all new lattice and trim on the outside. The structure itself seems good though. My grandparents were not experts w/ dollhouse construction so they had used contact paper on all the walls, ceilings and floors...I've successfully removed all of that and the windows and wood work and I've primed all of the walls and ceilings but now I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do next. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought wood flooring, baseboards and wallpaper...ect. I've always been good with crafts and love to rehab old furniture but frankly the thought of putting up wallpaper in a tiny house is starting to really freak me out....it seems like a rather daunting task, especially given all the bay windows and nooks/crannies in the Pierce House......also the walls are not super smooth because I don't think my grandparents used the right glue when first assembling it and when I removed the windows/woodwork it left behind old glue residue and tore some of the wood from the walls (I did the best I could)....does anyone have any good tips for putting up wall paper in this particular dollhouse (or basically any advice with anything regarding dollhouse renovations)? Do's/Don'ts? I got some Mog Podge and Tacky Glue but other than that I really have no idea what other tools/equipment I need for this project. Any advice would be very much appreciated! Thank you!
  6. Hi there! I'm new to the dollhouse world and I am trying to repair my Pierce dollhouse which my grandparents made for me years ago. My dollhouse needs a lot of replacement parts (courtesy of a younger, destructive cousin) and I'm wondering if there is anywhere that I can go online to download a copy of the schematic sheets for the Pierce House? I'm told that I need that in order to order replacement parts? Thanks!