3 Neutral

About mamabre

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    brenda

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I made a bunch of kitchen furniture (cupboards,stove,fridge etc) But I made the mistake of being lazy and using some white acrylic paint I had from the dollar store. Everything looked terrible painted with that paint so I sanded it all off and now I'm wondering what paint I should be using to paint the stuff I make?
  2. nevermind..basswood is available here haha what do you use to cut your basswood?
  3. What is a wood other than basswood? (I cant find it in canada) I do want something that will sand and look nice. I was thinking about buying a dremel moto-saw as I've seen them used a lot online but obviously if an xacto would work fine, I'd rather be frugal and use that ;)
  4. I want to try making some dollhouse furniture but i was wondering what the best wood is to use? (can i buy it at a lumber store?) I also read that most people just use an xacto knife to cut the wood for their furniture..I was curious if this is also the case for dresser pieces etc or if I should buy a dremel saw?
  5. oh goodness..I assume you mean will I be putting lights in it.. I would certainly love to but I havent looked into that yet. Is that something I should do before I decorate it or can it easily be done after as an addition to the dollhouse?
  6. I ordered my first house today and I decided on the Greenleaf willow house. I was just wondering if anyone has some general tips or a hoard of links to the build etc of the willow dollhouse? Or even to some shops with affordable prices or diy tutorials? I'm super excited and I cant wait for my house to arrive =]
  7. I randomly bought some cheap wooden dollhouse furniture and I was painting it to hoard to someday give to my daughter (who is only 13 months old lol) when I stumbled across dollhouse kits online and realized that I could actually build a dollhouse from a kit and I have never been so delighted! haha I cant wait to order a kit and get started