1 Neutral

About FrannyAz

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Fran

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I've wondered about the age of this set. I've used two tubes of wood filler because of the splintering and breakage. The foundation was so warped, I did have to wet and weight it until it dried. TWICE. The window frames were the worst for both issues. Even after all the fix it solutions they look rough. I'm not using much of the timber trims as I'm going off on my own design. Stucco hides a multiple of sins. Can't wait to get to the roof on this disaster. God only knows how that's going to fit.
  2. If it was stored incorrectly, it wasn't by me...I ripped that box open the minute I got it! couldn't wait to get started. I too have put parts on backwards LOL...not this time though.
  3. This is my third Greenleaf dollhouse I'm building. The first one was the Beacon Hill! Then I built the Magnolia. Both although were challenging, I got through them.Now I'm onto the Glencroft. O.M.G. The details on the right side, stairs etc. are grueling. Nothing wants to line up! Add to that the warped pieces (which is standard with Greenleaf kits) and I'm stuck. To get the chimney together it took, glue, clamps , duct tape and weights. It's crooked . Now the left side wall is so off I'm going to have to saw and patch the hell out of it. I'll probably have to run a deco piece from top to bottom to hide the gaping gaps and unevenness that's there. This house is no longer fun. Feedback?
  4. The instructions on this part of the house are vague at best. As usual, no diagrams. I had to get up on Pinterest to see completed pics. All I can say is buy stock in a wood putty company because you'll be using a ton of it.
  5. Love this look! What did you use to whitewash it?
  6. Any one know how to get hot glue webs off the printed plastic windows?