• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Jessica

Recent Profile Visitors

1,064 profile views
  1. tenderfoot_timberwolf

Orchid Shabby Chic

This is my first dollhouse project after years of dreaming (and Pinning) about one. I'm using a Greenleaf Orchid and planning on adding two extensions, one on either side, and possibly a small garden. I have always loved the shabby chic style so as of right now, this is the style I hope to use most of in this project. My two furry helpers may be heavily featured in this album as well.
  2. Hi everyone, I recently bought an Orchid kit to play with this semester as I'm a full time student and not currently working, so I spend a lot of time at home. However, I had a setback on a big project I was trying to finish before I started the Orchid (mostly for space reasons) and it'll be a few weeks before I can take it out of the box. I've started a binder so I can keep track of all of my ideas, from stuff I'd like to bash, to layout ideas, color schemes, and furniture. This lets me 'play' a little in the interim does anyone else do something similar?
  3. Oh thank you!! the picture shows up great. Do you have a picture of the whole front piece? Sorry, I'm just very curious! I want to do something similar and I'm trying to do a lot of research before I get my hands dirty :)
  4. I'm not sure if it's my computer or not, but this image didn't load did you post it anywhere else? I'd love to see how you did this.
  5. This is GORGEOUS. Simple, but absolutely gorgeous.
  6. I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you had any updates? Would love to see how this has been progressing
  7. Does poster board hold up well over time? I would love to try this.
  8. looks wonderful what color will you do the shutters?
  9. Thank you! we're up in the North end of the state, our local news station covers us and a few towns in Minnesota.
  10. haha if we expected it to be done right after the baby arrives, maybe! but we talked about how this could be a project that would take years, and DH & I are both good with that ^_^
  11. Hi everyone! I'm so glad to be here. My name is Jessica and I'm 27. I have always loved miniatures and dollhouses since I was a little girl. Last year my husband agreed to help me with a dollhouse project and we just haven't really gotten anything started yet, so we'll be purchasing an Arthur or an Orchid in the next month or so to start. I had to register an account after I went through an entire album of someone modding an Orchid. I don't know exactly what I'll do with it yet, but I've been an avid crafter my whole life and I am SO excited to finally have my own dollhouse project! I'm not working currently due to being a full time student and expecting our first child in June, so I have my fingers crossed that after we purchase the startup supplies, I'll be able to keep myself busy DIYing a lot of the necessities