josiebee

Silver Member
  • Last visited

12 Good

About josiebee

Profile Information

• Interests
    Gardening, fairy gardens, renovating our home, dollhouses, love finding old furniture on side of road and repurposing or just fixing it up.

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Joanne
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

797 profile views
  1. So true Holly, My husband wanted to buy me a kit a few years ago and I said no way, I can't do that. I love dollhouses but couldn't see myself building one. Instead I have chosen to rehab one. Although I am finding that not to be to easy, but I am learning to relax and enjoy it. I broke the upstairs railing the other day (tight fit in these little rooms) and I actually said to myself "good now I have more room, I'll glue it back when I'm ready" . Maybe when I am done, I will try my hand at a kit.
  2. josiebee

Custom Chandelier

Wow that is just perfect for the look you are going for. What a wonderful little mini chandelier!
  3. josiebee

Chandelier lit up

Its beautiful!
  4. I think I need to just relax. I get so stuck on , worrying that I will do it wrong or use the wrong thing.. Everyone's floors and wallpaper look really nice.
  5. I saw a lot of scrapbooking paper that I thought would be nice, I am glad that it has been used with good results. I will have to open the package of stir sticks and see what they look like. I really like the look of the Balsa sheet flooring so I am not sure yet. Ill lay what I have down before hand and see what it looks like. Thanks for the advise
  6. Sable, this is very funny, I went to bed thinking of using scrapbook paper for wallpaper and wasn't sure if that would be ok, So I just woke up and decided to go on and ask, when here is your mention of it . Would you use wallpaper paste or a craft glue? I bought stir sticks for my flooring, so I am wondering why I shouldn't use them, to brittle possibly?
  7. Welcome Miranda, I have found lots of help and interesting ideas here. I had a dollhouse as a child and love playing with it along with the family I had. I was never one for baby dolls but loved my Barbies and dollhouse family. The funny thing is, recently I dug out my box that had all my furniture that I collected as a child and inside this box was my little family. Oh my goodness!!! why I never had nightmares after playing with this family is beyond me. They look as if they came straight out of some horror film. I sent a picture to my daughter in law and we both couldn't stop laughing, they were quite scary.They sure have come along way with the dolls, so I plan on finding a family to move into the house I am working on.. I have never attempted to build one but have always wanted to, but it overwhelms me. My hubby found one that needed some light rehab so I thought I would try that. I seem to be doing more reading and collecting ideas then doing anything else, but I will start on it soon. I look forward to watching the progress on your house.
  8. Good luck with everything. Keep us posted on your RL home progress. Love your new home, its adorable. I am a lover of all house sizes. I don't have the money to flip a RL house so I will put my energy into a mini. I did a holiday house tour in my neighborhood this Christmas and was able to go into peoples homes. Most of them were old Whaling Captains houses from the 1800's. Absolutely beautiful, and the way they decorated was amazing. Enjoy this process and your new Grandchild. I sure do hope you get to visit.
  9. josiebee

Foyer tiling

This is gorgeous! How did you cut the tiny black squares for the filler? Did you glue this down individually to the floor or put on a template then put it down. Very new to all this so, if you can't tell. lol. I was thinking of using the stick tile you find in Lowes and cutting that into small pieces. Do you think that would work?
  10. I just had this conversation with my husband. I do not celebrate Valentine's Day. I don't need a day to tell me I need to buy something for my husband to show I love him, and I expect the same from him. I am so glad the years of school and being young are behind me. Both me and my husband had it difficult in school. It was so upsetting to get less cards then the popular girls did in school. At least now, everyone has to get one or else you don't pass them out. It's only been the past 2 years that I have come to terms with my past, and how others treated me. Pretty sad since I just turned 50. I was very shy and so of course targeted in my schooling years. I feel for everyone who went through it because it never really leaves you.
  11. I was so excited to see the pictures for ideas on that link. I saved them all so I can look back. I am so new at this so I will be asking many questions and searching the internet for how to's. I just hope I can do it justice. Craigslist has its ups and downs but I can't imagine not having the resources to go to. I love repurposing things and finding 2nd hand items. It's a shame you don't have a bigger dollhouse community. Are you from Australia or Did you end up moving there?
  12. I was so excited to see the pictures for ideas on that link. I saved them all so I can look back. I am so new at this so I will be asking many questions and searching the internet for how to's. I just hope I can do it justice. Craigslist has its ups and downs but I can't imagine not having the resources to go to. I love repurposing things and finding 2nd hand items. It's a shame you don't have a bigger dollhouse community. Are you from Australia or Did you end up moving there?
  13. Oh my goodness Samantha, I just found out from Cathy that the house I bought for US $40.00 is the Franklin. Granted, mine needs a bit of work but not a lot. I posted a picture of it to see if I could find out the name.
  14. Thank you! This is what I wanted to know
  15. Its a handsome house! Love the Tudor style too. I can't believe it was just given to you, your so very lucky. I purchased a fixer-upper on Ebay and will practice on it. It will be lots of fun and some frustration to I expect. LOL. I look forward to seeing your progress. Once I get going on mine, I'll start a gallery page too. Tell hubby your going to need a bigger home because I suspect once you get started you get hooked. No telling how many more houses you will have