Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Two
  • Real Name
    Rebecca
  • Country
    United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Great, I read that discussion and it gives me some ideas. I have the rubber cement which it doesn't look like anyone posted whether it worked for them or not and I have glue dots. Thanks for the suggestions.
  2. I want to move two of my completed houses up to a shelf and top of a cabinet as they are taking up too much of my work space but just the slightest bump and everything goes every which way, so I was wondering what everyone else does to keep things from falling over. I was thinking of using rubber cement but I read somewhere that after a while it becomes hard and yellow. What does everyone do, glue items permanently or is there an adhesive that won't yellow, dry hard, and ruin whatever it is used on and is repositionable?
  3. I make the tiles from Polymer clay. I am making a new set because I wasn't completely happy with the previous ones. The color just wasn't right for the room. While I am making my new batch I will try to document the process I use and hopefully I can pull something together for a tutorial.
  4. Thank you all for your input. I did end up putting something heavy over the tiles when I was finished and it did lay flat so I was able to grout it and it looks good; however, after all that work, I decided I didn't like the design with my existing paint and wallpaper, so I'm starting all over with something different. So glad I didn't glue them down to the floor. I guess it was a good learning experience. I like the pvc sign suggestion.
  5. I am assembling my clay tiles on a piece of card stock before laying it into my house and you can see from the photo the card stock is warping. Will this lay flat when I eventually glue it onto the floor and does anyone have any suggestions as to what glue would be best to glue the card stock to the floor? I was going to use quick grip. Should I grout it before or after the floor has been glued down? Do you think my approach is all wrong and should I start over using something thinner than card stock so I can avoid the warping or is this just to be expected? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
  6. I just purchased five Behr 8 oz. paint samples from Home Depot for $.99 each. They even ship to my home for free. Their sale for samples is on until 10/22.
  7. Hi everyone, I'm new to this site. However, I've browsed for quite a while before joining. I am now starting my third dollhouse and find that as I get going, I become more skilled (of course with the help of all of you and your suggestions, techniques, etc) and am excited to find new ways to decorate and build. I made my first two houses according to the instructions and on my third house, I thought I might get a little bolder and make a few slight modifications. My first house was the Duracraft Newport, I just finished The Arthur and am now starting on the Jr. Vermont Farmhouse. I hope I am posting this in the right place as I'm still trying to navigate this site and figure things out. I would like to post some photos of my houses and am not sure how to go about doing that. I look forward to interacting with all of you old-timers if I need advice from someone who has been-there, done-that.